Matt84

Restore to Factory Settings, Satellite L305d-S5893

Hi, I wanted to restore my laptop to the factory settings but I'm having trouble finding the right way. I have seen posts that say to click F8 while the computer is starting to get it to restore but the problem is that once I get to the option where it says system restore it will tell me that system restore wizard is already running and force me to exit the page. I don't have the recovery cd. As I said I have a Satellite L305d-S5893 Also I tried doing the thing where you hold the 0 key during starting the computer. That just brings me to a boot screen, nothing about recovering. Please help D:
Matt84

Re: Restore to Factory Settings, Satellite L305d-S5893

Just tried again, like I said it brought me to a Windows Boot Management screen I think was the name of it. It just said pick the thing you want to boot then it had Windows Vista so I went to it.
Matt84

Someone help please D:
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L305D-S5893

See the section Hard Disk Drive Recovery using the recovery partition starting on p. 62 of the User's Guide.

Satellite L300 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
Matt84

As I said before holding the 0 key is doing nothing for me when I turn the Laptop on. The page you told me to just tells me to hold the 0 key down while turning on the computer. This does nothing. Any other advice? Or anyone know what could be wrong why it won't do anything when I hold down the 0 key?
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

If you failed to burn the recovery discs, you'll need to order them.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry
Matt84

So, even though I have the built in recover on my laptop. I still have to get the recovery discs. How do I burn them? I haven't tried.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Machines that don't come with recovery discs, have provisions for making them.

If Windows will boot, see the section Creating Recovery DVDs starting on p. 60 of the User's Guide.

Satellite L300 Series User’s Guide

Surely you can find these pages yourself!

-Jerry
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey