B4Real58

Restore Windows Starter to factory settings

I have a NB500 series mini netbook.  I did not back up Windows Starter.  The netbook did not come with any recovery cd.  I used Windows Anytime Upgrade and

upgraded to Win 7 Home Premium.. Everything went smoothly including putting in the product key.  Now a month later, I start it up and it says Win 7 is not genuine.

I put in the key again to activate and I get an error code 0xC004F61. " Description..

The Software Licensing Service determined that this specified product key can only be

used for upgrading not for a clean installation." I did NOT do a clean installation.  I used the Windows Anytime Upgrade that came installed on the computer.

Now I have OS that is not genuine and I need to know if there is any way I can

restore this netbook to factory settings (in other words..get the Windows Starter back on there) and go from there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.:smileyhappy:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Restore Windows Starter to factory settings

Which NB500-series laptop? We want the complete model number and the part number. If there was a recovery partition, it should still be there.

In the meantime, I would try to reactivate. Call the phone number and wait for a human. After you explain the situation, you should get a good product key.

How to Activate Windows 7 by Phone

-Jerry
B4Real58

It's a Toshiba NB505-N508TQ and the Part# is PLL50U-01800C

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

mini notebook NB505-N508TQ

You should be able to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using a hidden partition on the hard drive. See the section Recovering to out-of-box state (recommended recovery method), which begins on p. 50 of the User's Guide.

NB500 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
q1
q1

my toshiba NA500 series nootbook. at first i partition it by shink some GB my disk Mamagement. when i turn off my notebook then i turn on it then it show - operating system not found.

so now what can i do....................... plz tell me