drawingkid1313
Accepted Solution

Restore Troubles with Satellite P750

Hi, I have recently encountered the "Blue Screen of Death" on my Toshiba Satellite P750. :smileysad:  Assuming it was just a virus, I attempted to use the Toshiba Recovery Utility to do a restore to factory settings. While in the middle of this process, I got the blue screen again... When I tried to reboot my computer, I got the error, "BOOTMGR is missing." In a desperate attempt to avoid having to send my laptop to Toshiba for up to 10 business days, I ran the thing again, but chose "Erase hard drive."  I just finished reinstalling Windows 7 on my computer, but there's just one problem. None of the usual drivers or utilities are installed. Because of this, I am unable to use the wireless, the Bluetooth, and all other functions that came with the PC.  

I did some browsing around the 'Downloads' section and found a nice list of drivers, however when I try to install the wireless one, it does nothing...

Any advice? I would really appreciate any and all help with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Re: Restore Troubles with Satellite P750

What P750 do you have? It should be on a label on the bottom. I would recommend just performing the recovery again now that's it's not crashing, which will restore all your drivers as well.

- Peter
drawingkid1313

Thank you for the reply, but I got it all sorted out. I just did a system restore again using the toshiba recovery utility, and everything seems to be working :smileyhappy:

Peter

Fantastic!

- Peter