epaul72
Accepted Solution

Reformat and Recovery of Satellite L775

[ Edited ]

On Windows XP I cleaned up my system periodically by reformatting and re-installing the OS. I have a Toshiba Satellite  L775, running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.  I have the recovery media that I made when I started using the computer (though it seemed like many disks for this).  I have not reformatted the disk yet, so I have the disk image too (apparently).  I have a current backup of all my programs and files.  Is it a bad idea to continue this cleanup procedure (reformat and reinstall) that I have used for several years?

Paul

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Reformat and Recovery of Satellite L775

[ Edited ]

I think it's a good idea, Paul.  And you can use the disks you made or use the recovery partition which is on the HDD by holding down Zero while turning the computer on.  Doesn't take very long and you get to start all over again with the equivalent of a new machine. See the section in your User's Guide "Recovery of internal storage drive". You don't have to "reformat" any more; that's taken care of automatically.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
epaul72

Re: Reformat and Recovery of Satellite L775

Thank you very much.  Now all I need to do is do it.

Paul