cackert

Recovery part of partition? For satellite L500-00Y vista home premium 64bit

Hello

I just bought this toshiba satellite L500-00Y vista home premium 64bit from future shop about a month ago and it didn't come with recovery discs.

I uninstalled the face recognition and the toshiba burning software because I have my own products that take up less space and I figured that I would never use the face recognition.

I had a problem with my computer about a week ago that would freeze my computer 10 seconds after it started, but Malwarebytes fixed that. I was just going to reformat the computer, thinking that toshiba was still smart with there hidden recovery partition. But as it turns out I looked it up on the internet and there isn't a recovery partition. And the only thing you can do (says most forums I visited) is use the Recovery Disc Creator.

So I tried it but when I clicked on Create Recovery Discs, it didn't go to step 1, it just said 'this service is not available '

It says in the My Toshiba program in the Recovery Discs Creator tab 'A portion of your notebook computer's hard disk is reserved to hold recovery data. If the files preinstalled on the primary partition become damaged, you can use hard disk drive recovery to restore them.'

now I'm wondering where the recovery part of the partition is on my computer?

So that maybe I can reinstall the software that I uninstalled earlier to see if that will make the Create Recovery Discs available!

Help will be immensely appreciated!

quikone

Re: Recovery part of partition? For satellite L500-00Y vista home premium 64bit

hi there !

i have the same model and now i'm runing windows xp but i can give you my recovery dvds to fix your problem. so if you live in toronto, pls contact me at : m29ok2000@yahoo.ca

AL

deth0809

Re: Recovery part of partition? For satellite L500-00Y vista home premium 64bit

If the computer is running, shut it down by clicking start, then shut down again.

Press and hold "0" (zero) key on your keyboard and then depress the computers power switch.  When the computer turns on, the Toshiba HDD Recovery Uitlity Screen will appear, presenting 3 options, just choose Restore Original Factory Image.

Press 1 to restore your hard disk drive to its original factory default.  A confirmation message will appear, indicating that all data will be overwritten and lost during the restore process.  Be sure to back up all important files before proceeding.

Click Yes to begin restoration, A message will appear once the operation is finished, indicating that the HDD has been restored.

Press any key to restart the computer.