DavidMaslen

Recovery advice?

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to recover my daughter's laptop, which is a P755-S5272. We do not have a recovery disk, and have also managed to clear all the data fom the machine (I think she pressed down 0 while booting to achieve this). As far as I can tell we now have close to a blank laptop. Any advice about what to do to reinstall the machine close to it's original(factory) state, or even advice on the best places to get help would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much for taking yor time to respond to this.
Radioman

Re: Recovery advice?

Just a thought: When I recover my laptop [pressing zero at power on/boot] it asks if I want to recover to out of box state or format hard drive. If the selecton "format hard drive" is made, all data including recovery partition will be deleted. If your hard drive was formatted, you may need to get recovery media. Goodluck!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite P755-S5272

See the section Recovering the Internal Storage Drive, which begins on p. 62 of the User's Guide.

Satellite/Satellite Pro P700 Series User’s Guide

If necessary, obtain the recovery discs from Toshiba.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry
DavidMaslen

Thank you both very much. It's indeed possible that we managed to wipe the recovery drive.
ikhan16

Hello,

If I have wiped the HD, (no DOS prompt) is it possible to recover from a win7 bootable disk (win 7 install disk) instread of buying the boot disk sold from toshiba support?

My laptop is win7 home fro factory.