Paker-_-

Recover to factory settings (help)

I use to be able to be able to restore to factory settings without having to put a recover disc or anything in, but i downloaded linux to try it out and didnt like it, so i uninstalled/deleted it.But now everytime i try to restore to factory settings( recover to out of box state) it tells me to put a recovery disc in..Is their anyway to fix this ( make it go back to normal so i can restore to factory setting with a disc or anything)?

i have a satellite l675 by the way..

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Recover to factory settings (help)

[ Edited ]

Probably not, when you installed and/or deleted Linux, you likely deleted the Toshiba Recovery partition on your hard drive. So, if you did not make a set of recovery disks before deleting the recovery partition you have no way to run the recovery utility.

But, you can still order the disks.

Ordering Recovery Media

Good luck.

Mike

Paker-_-

[ Edited ]

im pretty sure i didnt delete it though, because the first partition that is still their (i didnt delete) says "healthy" (active,recovery partition)

here is a picture how it looks

[img]http://gyazo.com/668cd0128a81242da19510a09760e056.png[/img]

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

That first 1.46GB partition is actually not the Toshiba recovery partition, that is the Windows Recovery Environment (WRE). There would have been something like an 8.5GB on the end of your HDD that contained the Toshiba Recovery files, maybe where that 10.03GB of unallocated space is now.

Power off your unit, press and hold down the '0' (zero) key and power on your system, keep holding down the zero key until you see the Toshiba Recovery Utility menu start. If that does not work, if you can get to the Advanced Boot Menu try the steps in this article.

Pressing the Zero Key While Powering on the Computer Does Not Start the Toshiba Recovery Wizard

If neither of the above work, you are back to ordering the set of recovery disks that you apparently never made.  Good luck.

Mike

Rungun

On the same thread - how do I create the recovery disk. 

I tried the Toshiba approach of typing "recovery", but I do not get the "Toshiba Recovery Disk Creater Utility". 

I do see the partition of about 11.3 GB when I use Computer Management-> Disk Management.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

thanks

rungun

I am me, myself and I, GO Figure
Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

On the same thread - how do I create the recovery disk. 

I tried the Toshiba approach of typing "recovery", but I do not get the "Toshiba Recovery Disk Creater Utility". 

I do see the partition of about 11.3 GB when I use Computer Management-> Disk Management.

You have already reinstalled Windows? Or did you make a dual boot system before?

Regardless, if you cannot do it or your computer, you can burn one from another 64-bit Windows 7 computer.

Create a system repair disc

Mike

Paker-_-

but when i deleted the last to partitions it didnt say it was windows, it said something like windows didnt recognize it..

but the only option i have right now is to buy a recovery disc???

and thanks for your help

Super Advisor
miker643

Again, if you cannot run the recovery utility from the hard drive, or if you cannot access the Advanced Boot Options menu in Windows to follow the directions in the 'Pressing Zero Key...' article link I posted above, then yes, you have no choice but to buy the recovery disks.

Mike

Paker-_-

no offence but do you work for toshiba and just try to make everybody buy stuff from them? or do you just not no too much.. 

because i did have another option and it was to download partition recovery software and it worked..

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

:smileyvery-happy:  You're right, why would I be offended by someone asking me if I'm a fraud who is really a Toshiba employee trying to steal from them, or if I'm just stupid?

Instead of trying to blame me for your own inability to communicate properly, or answer simple questions, or make the set of recovery disks like you should have done in the first place, why don't you post all the specific steps you used to resolve your problem and actually contribute something to this forum?

Mike

Paker-_-

[ Edited ]

i said no offence, so why did you get offended? i mean i appreciate you trying to help, but you were trying to make me buy something when not needed, and you said thats my only option when you were not sure.

"Again, if you cannot run the recovery utility from the hard drive, or if you cannot access the Advanced Boot Options menu in Windows to follow the directions in the 'Pressing Zero Key...' article link I posted above, then yes, you have no choice but to buy the recovery disks."- You

well now you can always suggest people to use a partition recovery program when they say they might have accidently deleted the partition..

well take care..

and it is really generous of you to use your free time to help people...