abarthur

Reboot loop after attempting to do a system restore - Help?!

I have a satellite c665d-s5300 and use windows 7  7 64bit.  I tried to do a system restore it acted like it was going to do a system restore and rebooted. Now it is stuck in some kind of  a reboot loop, I try to go to all the different modes, (safe mode, safe mode w/ networking ect), but they all end up back at the Windows error recovery window and it keeps rebooting and going to that window. My only options are to go F2 and F12, but I dont know what to do in those areas.  I have tried to do the F8 , advanced boot options, but when I select any of those it goes back to the reboot loop.

I do not have a recovery disc and am afraid if I wasting money on something that does not work.

I have also tried to do hold 0 down and reboot, but it does not start up when I do that.

Can anyone help?

Do you need any other info?

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Re: Reboot loop after attempting to do a system restore - Help?!

[ Edited ]

Hi The first thing we can try is a power cycle. Then you can burn a system repair CD with any W7 machine and boot into the recovery feature, if this doesn't help.

Perform a power cycle

Even when your laptop is off and unplugged, residual power can still be held in some components. While this is normal, clearing it can help with boot problems. Perform these steps to complete what’s called a power cycle.

1. Ensure the laptop is turned off.
  2. Unplug the laptop's AC power cable.
  3. Remove the battery (if the model has a removable battery).
  4. Unplug all wires or peripherals. This includes CDs, DVDs, USB sticks, mice, printers, and any other accessories.
  5. Hold down the power button for thirty seconds.
  6. Reattach the battery.
  7. Connect the AC adaptor to the power socket that was confirmed to be working in the first step.
  8. Connect the other end of the AC adaptor to your computer.
  9. Try starting the computer.
  10. http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-a-system-repair-disc-to-restore-windows.html
I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi If your trying to restore back to factory setting, read your user guild. Recovery starts on page 64:smileywink:

http://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=3131314&isFromTOCLink=false

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
abarthur

Thank you! I tried the steps you provided and it still goes back to the system recovery - bootup loop process.

I try to create a repair disc and see if that works.

Thank you!

abarthur

I did the repair disk and it booted up to the blue windows 7 gui then I got error 0x4001100200001012.

I click ok and it goes back to the reboot loop.

Can you hekp?

Thank you!

Andy

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi Did you see any thing like this?? Did you use the disc to boot??

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/windows-7-startup-repair_2.htm

abarthur

Yes it did exactly that. then went to window a blue windows 7 gui and then i got the error message

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi ! I'm going to ask you to provide a little more imformation when you reply. Just saying you did that and it didn't work leaves a lot to be desired. "Your first reply was this I have also tried to do hold 0 down and reboot, but it does not start up when I do that."

Can anyone help?

I gave you the instructions how to restore back to factory and you say you did that. What exactly did you do?? You are going to have do a little of this on your own. I can't spoonfeed you. Please look at the attachment and tell me what you did.

abarthur

I was hoping to do the factory reset as a last resort. Is that my only option at this point?

Regular Advisor
bmurray

I'll let Dokie continue to provide his guidance, but that would be my guess. 

L305-S5955, 4GB RAM, 250GB 10K rpm HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
abarthur

Ok, I will give that a try tonight.

abarthur

I went to page 64 in the users guide. I made sure I was plugged into the external power source, I did steps 1 through 4. When I got to the boot menu there was an HDD option, but no "HDD Recovery" option, I hit enter anyway, it takes me to" Windows Error Recovery" screen and does the boot loop process again. I tried doing this a couple of times just to be sure, but it went back to the boot loop.

Do you need any other information?

Thank you

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi ! I can't say for sure what's going on. Your user guild says to click F12 and then click on HDD Recovery. If you don't see HDD Recovery, then your not going into the factory recovery. Why it's not a option in boot sequence, I have no idea. If the recovery partition is corrupted, then you won't have the option to recover back to factory with the hidden partition. Only other way to restore back to factory is with the DVD's or USB recovery media. If you have hardware problems, then they won't work either. You can order the recovery media here. I would get the USB recovery media. If your HD, MB, is bad then the recovery media won't help and you will be out 40$. You could test your HD with a docking cable and a working PC. You could also test your HD with seatools dos. You can test your RAM with memtest86. You might also try removing one stick on RAM and try booting with just one stick. That's all I know.

Dokie!!

abarthur

Thanks Dokie! I will try all this and see what happens.