valdi

Problem with Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063

[ Edited ]

Problem with Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063 , please HELP???!!!

From esterday it begins to ask me PASSWARD: ???

But I didn't set any passward and no one not do that!!!

Why it is happend and how I can fix it ???

Please help me, I have working on this computer for three ears and I liked it very much/

Help me please.

My computer number Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063

Best regards Vladimir.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Problem with Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063

Please edit your post to remove your Serial Number.  It isn't needed and should NEVER be posted in a public forum.  No support person would ever need or ask for the serial number for any reason in a public forum.  They might ask you to send it via a PM, but only do that if you know the person is an actual employee of the company (like Jim, the admin here sometimes requests it to assist users).  NONE of the rest of us are Toshiba Employees and have no need or use for you serial number.

Is the password from the BIos or from Windows?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

valdi

The password from the BIos , it asking write when I turning on power buttom and does't boot at all ((( Please help me((

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

You'll need to have it repaired by a Toshiba Authorized Service Center to have that removed.  You'll need to provide a proof of ownerships for security reasons.  It will run you about a hundred dollars or so the last I heard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

valdi

This is very bad news. Maybe there is some another way to fix it? Maybe soma master pass or like that or it is only one way?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

That's the only way I know of.  Toshiba won't tell the general public how to do it for security reasons.  Too many people steal laptops or try to break into laptops they don't own that have a bios password in place to prevent unauthorized access.  There is no way for any of us users to verify ownership based on posts in these forums.

valdi

"This is a password for the BIOS. To override this and reset to "NO" password you will need to disconnect the power cord, remove the laptop battery and remove the clock battery inside the laptop for,,,say 10 minutes " What do you think about that or it working only for old models ?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

If you can find the cmos battery go ahead and try it.  It might work.

valdi

Left it without battery for 6-x hours but it is doesn't help ((( Hi ask passward any way.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Did you open up the laptop and remove the cmos battery or did you just unplug the BIG battery?  The big battery will have absolutely NO effect on this.  Only the CMOS battery would, and you have to take the laptop apart to find it, if it even has one.  Many laptops have them soldered onto the mobo so they aren't easily removed.