luis_adame

Please Help! Laptop won't start up- start up goes directly to a black screen!

Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with my toshiba laptop satellite-L355d-S7815 Model No: PSLE8U-00M00W

After numerous attempts to turn the laptop on, It keeps going to a black screen with only the power light on.

Nothing seems to help. Any advice would truly help to reslove this issue.

P.s.

If the outcome is that the hard drive crashed, how do I restore my saved files?

Thank you.

Peter

Re: Please Help! Laptop won't start up- start up goes directly to a black screen!

Try this. Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

If it still won't start, remove the battery and start with just the AC power. Next try without the AC power and just the battery.

There are a couple of options for saving files, but hopefully it won't need to come to that. You could attempt to boot off a live OS CD (a linux distribution that can run from disc) to copy files to an external driver or you could connect the laptop's hard drive to another computer. If the hard drive isn't functioning enough to allow that to happen, there are hard drive recovery services, but I've never known of anyone using one for a personal computer. The prices are high.

- Peter
pgball

Re: Please Help! Laptop won't start up- start up goes directly to a black screen!

I have the same problem with my Toshiba laptop satellite-L355d-S7815 Model No: PSLE8U-00M00W. I shut it shutdown on the night of 6/21/2012 and now only the power plugin light, the battery light, and the on indication is on. When I turn it on I can hear the DVD player check but nothing else happens. I have tried the suggested reply but still nothing is working. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
C-G
C-G

I had a similar problem with my A305-S6858 on the same date. Shut down 6/21 and would not boot next morning. Windows system repair and system restore didn't work. I could get far enough to go into safe mode. Use a third party system backup, and reloaded drive. Worked until the following day when could not even get anything on screen. Upon powering, both disk and DVD drive came on for a few seconds then shut down. Somehow I got back on by turning on and off until I got a screen and could boot. Now running but makes me very nervous based on experience.

Peter

Have either of you tried what I mentioned in my last post about completely unplugging it, removing the battery, and holding the power button?

- Peter
pgball

Yes Peter, I have tried your recommendation with no response. My battery will not power the laptop at all. Any other sugeestions?

Peter

Unfortunately, it sounds like it may require servicing.

- Peter
pgball

Thanks!