julz_dodgergirl
Accepted Solution

Need to restore using the created discs

Hello my name is Julie and I have a Satellite L505D-ES5026, and just recently notice that my Microsoft Works that came pre-installed with my laptop gives me a error message that reads: Microsoft Works cannot access one or more files it needs to run. The files may have been renamed, deleted, or moved. Try reinstalling Microsoft works and then start again. I tried systom restore nope. Then I in noticed its alot of my programs.

So How do I use the discs I created when the system was new?? And, yes Ive already backed up my files. Thank you

Julz

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Need to restore using the created discs

Satellite L505D-ES5026 Specifications

Satellite L505D-ES5026 Downloads

Julz, keep the set of recovery disks for emergencies. Follow the instructions starting on page 62 of your User's Guide to run the Toshiba Recovery utility from its hard drive partition, and return your unit to its factory default out-of-the-box settings. Back up all your user files, music, etc, power off the unit, press and hold the '0' (zero) key while you power the laptop back on, keep holding the '0' key down until you see the Toshiba Recovery menu.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

julz_dodgergirl

Mike643, thank you for the quick response Im going to try it now and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks Again, Julz  

julz_dodgergirl

OMG Mike643, you are a life saver!!! It worked PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never had any kind of problems with any computer/ laptop I've owned!

And, I use it for everything. Thank you again I appreciate it!!

JULZ 

Super Advisor
miker643

You're very welcome Julz, glad to help. Thanks for letting us know it worked.

Mike