Brocktherock

Need Recovery Disk! [where do i buy?]

[ Edited ]

Need a Recovery Disk for my Toshiba the partition drive, or whatever its called, doesnt work [holding 0].

The tag says:

Satellite L745D-S4230

PART NO. PSK16U-009001

SERIAL NO. XXXXXXXXX

thank you for your help... im getting desperate :/

[Moderator edit to remove serial number.]

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Need Recovery Disk! [where do i buy?]

Go HERE and scroll down.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Brocktherock

You are my hero.

-Thank you

Brocktherock

[ Edited ]

RE-opening this thread.

Ok im seriously confused. I Ordered the disk $30 bucks :/ and even got this email:

"this survey is specifically regarding your recent Acclaim Recovery Media order related to a Satellite L745D (part number: PSK16U-009001; serial number: XXXXXXXXX)."

i did the survey btw. but anyways.. the disks that they sent me. Doesnt work!!! =/

And the disks i got (4 of them) says: TOSHIBA - Recovory Media - Saterllite L740D Series - Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64 bit

I made the correct order and everything, part number serial number and what not. but the disk i got is for the L740D series, is the L745D (my laptop) part of that series? idk if its the wrong disk or theres a different problem.

When i try using the disk this is what happens:

>Windows is loading files...

>starting windows..
>Toshiba Recovory Wizard 

>Warning! yada yada [

>Recovory of Factory Default software - recover to out-of-box state

> ERROR: 05-0172-0001

an error has occured. please press [OK] to turn off the computer.

no matter what i try i get something like this.

help please.. still desperate, and thanks again in advance

Additional info:

All this is for a new WD Hard Drive i bought from best buy.. so i know the hard drive isnt bad... plus i tried using this recovery disk with the old hard drive.. same issue.

[Moderator edit to remove serial number.]

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

I don't believe it was the wrong disks, Brock, but a number of folks on here have received defective disks that didn't work and had to get replacements.  Call Toshiba Tech Support at 1-800 457-7777 and discuss it with them.  Good Luck!

BTW, please delete the serial number from your post above.  It's not a good idea to use that on this public Forum.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit