Lost

Need Help: How to System Restore Qosmio X505-Q830

[ Edited ]

As topic says.  I 'Need Help:  How to System Restore Qosmio X505-Q830'

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.

What has happened and what I have done so far.  Sorry for typos but typing fast out of irritation of this durn machine!...

What happened... One day watching movies.  See a Java install flash up.. then blam, blue screen.  Literally, that simple.

What has happened since then.  I've tried many things.  Safe boot.  Safe boot with Networking.  I've avoided CMD safeboot due to not knowing enough.  Have also tried normal reboot and normal boot process from HD selection boot screen...  all processes below, I've tried in all mentioned above ways...

I have tried to Collect data - restore anything the computer found wrong. Failure.

I've tried to repair that collected data by doing an 'auto repair from incorrect data found'.  Failure.

I have tried to 'System Restore' from last previous known good 'save point'.  Failure. (Sidenote:  *SOMETIMES* the computer will boot - in safe mode - and say the computer has been restored to that last save point.  After reading that, and about an average of I'd say 45 seconds, BLUESCREEN.)

Now, we all get the picture here.  BLUESCREEN OF DEATH.  Here are some typical error messages I've seen at the top of BLUESCREEN that may help.  Forgive me if they're not spot on....

DRVR_IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUL_TO

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Also at the bottom I see a ton of error coded messages that I do not understand.  Here's what I've got....

STOP|  0X0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFFC00003, 0xFFFFFF880010FE7CB ....etc etc.

Also *SOMETIMES* below this I see....

***    iaStor.sys - Address FFFFF88001123CA6 BASE AT FFFFF88(etc...)

SIDENOTE::  When the computer DOES run semi-functional in SAFE MODE for more than two minutes.  I get a message when I try to do anything saying something about an LCWIzard.dll NOT INSTALLED... tried to install that via SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING and it did nothing.  Assuming I can't install anything via SAFEMODE.

Will update with pictures soon.

Hitting F8 repeatedly during the bootup process brought me to the repair screen.  I pray that some poor Qosmio customer out there, like myself, finds this information useful rather than having to pay the $35 (USD) offered by Toshiba Support.  Only took me about 3 hours to locate it.....

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-58528-reset-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Need Help: How to System Restore Qosmio X505-Q830

Qosmio X505-Q830 

I pray that some poor Qosmio customer out there, like myself, finds this information useful rather than having to pay the $35 (USD) offered by Toshiba Support. 

Only took me about 3 hours to locate it..... 

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-58528-reset-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings

Happy that you finally found it, but...

It's right under your nose in the User's Guide. See the section Recovering to out-of-box state (recommended recovery method), which begins on p. 61.

Qosmio X500 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry