sanmaya

NEED Help to unlock my WIndows 8

Hi,

I bought a Toshiba Laptop Satellite C855 series Last November pre loaded with Windows 8, and that time I opened the laptop and given a user name and password to it as it ask me to set Username and password. After some days I returned to India.

Here I tried to open the laptop, but forgot the password what I had given when first logon. My laptop have warranty for USA. How can I reset my laptop password?

Please help me in this respect. It will be a great help.

ianknighton

Re: NEED Help to unlock my WIndows 8

so do i honey..but we wont get until we pay AGAin...same model...same issues

sanmaya wrote:

Hi,

I bought a Toshiba Laptop Satellite C855 series Last November pre loaded with Windows 8, and that time I opened the laptop and given a user name and password to it as it ask me to set Username and password. After some days I returned to India.

Here I tried to open the laptop, but forgot the password what I had given when first logon. My laptop have warranty for USA. How can I reset my laptop password?

Please help me in this respect. It will be a great help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: NEED Help to unlock my WIndows 8

Depends upon what sort of account you opened - local or Microsoft. If it was a Microsoft account, then you can change the password.

What to do if you forget your Windows password

In order to "reinstall" Windows, you would restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media as follows.

Start the computer by pressing the power button. Then immediately start tapping the F12 key until the Boot Menu appears. Using the arrow keys, select HDD Recovery and press Enter. You'll eventually reach the Advanced startup screen. From there select Troubleshoot and then Reset on the next screen.

-Jerry