outhier

NB305 Netbook - Reinstalling the OS

I am considering the purchase of an NB305 Netbook and would like to know what steps can be taken to reinstall the Operating System if necessary.  I have called Tech Support, Sales and Customer Services and no one seems to know how this can be done or IF it can be done.  

If I buy an NB305 Netbook, and IF I ever need to reinstall the OS, can I obtain the OS from Toshiba and if so, how and how much?  No actual person on the telephone can answer this question for me.  (Sorry if this seems silly but I'm new to Netbooks and would really like to purchase one that I don't have to replace at the first hint of trouble.)

Would some kind soul kindly walk me through this, please?

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: NB305 Netbook - Reinstalling the OS

I am considering the purchase of an NB305 Netbook and would like to know what steps can be taken to reinstall the Operating System if necessary.

No problem restoring the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. It will contain the OS plus all the necessary drivers and utilities.

See the section Recovering the Internal Storage Drive, which begins on p. 49 of the User's Guide.

NB300 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
wadybugs

Re: NB305 Netbook - Reinstalling the OS

dont ever buy toshiba products, they have terrible after sale customer service and wont help you.