vampgirl

Misplaced 1 Satellite L305D-S5900 Recovery Disc

I'm not sure if any of you will have an answer for me, but I misplaced Disc #2 of my set of recovery discs. Is there any way I can possibly replace just the one disc? Also, I'm not sure if my model has a hidden recovery partition that I may create replacements from. Any info will be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Misplaced 1 Satellite L305D-S5900 Recovery Disc

[ Edited ]

According to the user's guide some models have this, but I don't see it listed in the detailed specs.  If it does have the ability to create recovery disks you'll find it at "Start, All Programs, Toshiba, Recovery, and then Recovery Disc Creator".   You can also try holding down the 0 (zero) key when powering on the system to see if the hard disk based recovery program will start.  ALl of this is explained in your User's Guide which can be downloaded from the Product Support Link at the top of this page.

If neither of these options work for you, you'll need to contact Toshiba to order a replacement set of Recovery Medai as per this post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.