cerisk360

Messed up while restoring to factory default. Lost Recovery partition. Toshiba Satellite L645-S4056

I was trying to restore my Toshiba Sattelite L645-S4056 to factory default and reinstall windows 7 by inbuilt recovery system. While i was formatting the computer swtiched off itself. Then i couldnot access inbuilt recovery during booting. The computer wont boot with any windwos cd. It said something like "Cannot boot.Enter a bootable disc". I then installed a linux distero by booting with a USB device.The linux system works fine but i need windows 7. It shows that my hardisk is totally empty. There is no reserved part previously occupied by recovery system.I didn't get a recovery disc with my laptop. Any other dvd wont boot. How can i install back my Windows 7 ?? What is wrong with the system ?? Is there any way to get windows 7 back ?? Please Help ASAP...

Thank You in advance :smileyhappy:

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Messed up while restoring to factory default. Lost Recovery partition. Toshiba Satellite L645-S4

[ Edited ]

Perhaps your model is the Satellite L645D-S4056.

Satellite L645D-S4056 Specifications

Satellite L645D-S4056 Downloads

You would have been advised in your model's quick start guide, and/or during its initial setup to make a set of recovery disks/media as directed on page 68 of your User's Guide.

If you never made those disks or media you can still order a set:

Ordering Recovery Media

Mike

jsm501

Re: Messed up while restoring to factory default. Lost Recovery partition. Toshiba Satellite L645-S4

Hi sorry not the same problem But I purchased a satelite C70D laptop with windows 8 64 bit installed.  I hate windows 8 so tried to install windows 7 in the process Ive deleted some of the ghost partitions and now I cannot boot into anything I changed boot sequence in bios but laptop still wont boot from either cd or usb drive. I'm a complete numpty as I should have known better.  Have you any ideas without buying a new harddrive.

Super Advisor
eagle3

[ Edited ]

jsm501

Please start a new message, different models and you posted on an old message. Go to top of page where it says new message click it and then post your full model number and what all you have changed and tried to fix the issue as complete as possible so we can give the best suggestions. If you just want to order recovery media do it here : https://support.toshiba.com/repair 

S70-ABT2N22 Windows 7, A135-S2256 Windows 7, C55-A5180 Windows 7 ****Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!****
raheem

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have purchased teh new laptop mentioned below which was pre-installed win 8 single RTM OS.

Satellite C850-B720
XXXXXXXXX
PSCBYV-03W002AR

due to some virus issues system went slow ...so done Hard factory resets & it took almost 7 hrs....but still not yet completed & just wnt auto power off ,  which deleted all the content of Harddisk....

this waste "factory reset" option really ...i dont want to say any bad words.....

I thought that recovery CD i can get free from toshiba (as i got the  recovery CDs free from HCL & HP while purchasing)

but when i checked https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/serial.aspx they are charging 32.17 EUR.

this is money minded...for each purchase there should be atleast one free CD...

please let me know why i should pay for the things which I paid already...or atleast please mail me my windows 8 purchase key, i will share my details if you want?

Also, i tried to install windows 8.1 , but it is showing the trial version & when called to microsoft people they said that the I should instal the preinstalled os then go for upgrade for full version..

please suggest... if any solution is there to get the win OS image file..which can be full version..

thanks in advance...

[Moderator edit to remove serial number.]

Peter

That doesn't appear to be a US model, and this is the Toshiba USA forum. You should contact Toshiba in your region.

- Peter