alexxcata
Accepted Solution

Media test failure, check cable

Hi everyone! I've got an EQUIUM P200. Latley it become quite slow and I've decided to install the Product Recovery disk. I've done it before and everything was fine. This time though after I've run the CD it tell me that installation was complete and successfully , eject the Product Recovery disk and switched off. Nothing unusually so far. When I restarted it's keep showing me the same message over and over again : For Realtek RTL8100E/810E fast Ethernet Network Adapter v1.02 (060510) PXE-E61:Media test failure, check cable PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM Intel UNDI, PXE-21 (build 082) What does it mean? What do I have to do to fix it? please help! Thank you
Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Re: Media test failure, check cable

It is not seeing your boot device (Hard drive)  Most likely your hard drive has failed,

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
alexxcata

Thanky you so much for the reply! I've put in a brand new HDD and it still showing me the same message! Could it be the DVD ROM ?
Occasional Contributor
knives

Go to the BIOS. Either F2 or ESC upon turning on the Laptop

Go to Boot, make sure that the primary boot is the HDD, not the LAN card/CD-Rom

To make things easier, once you are on BIOS screen, press F9, load defaults, select yes. F10, exit saving changes, select yes. Do this, assuming you haven't tweaked the BIOS for some personal/office use. :smileyvery-happy:

PM me for more questions regarding my post/s. Thanks!
PS,
Always smile. Keeps the mood up.
alexxcata

I finally fixed it. Couples a days ago. It was from the BIOS alright. Weird thing though...I set the default (factory) setings and it would not work. I tried and I tried untill I got fed up and start to play around. I set it to boot from CD-ROM and presto!! no more that blody message. Windows started as normal. As it tur out it was not the HDD (now I have a spere one- no problem, I'll put it on e-bay). I don't mind at all. Before the awfull message I knew little if nothing about this things, now probably not a lot more but if it happens again I will know what to do! So thank you guys for all the support!! Good times!