bryacourtney

Locked out!!

I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5300 Windows 7 Laptop and its password secured. Well I forgot my password and I have no idea how to reset it. Its the password were when you turn on your computer the login in screen comes up and you have to enter you password. Can someone help me?

Peter

Re: Locked out!!

Is it the Windows login screen, or is it a password box that comes up immediately?

- Peter
Jaci

Login screen please I have the same problem
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

You can reset the Windows password.

Forgot your Windows admin password?

-Jerry
billfitch2you1

I have a Toshiba Satellite P105-S6084 laptop that I never put a password on, that now asks for a password to start up.  For awhile I would either hit F2 for settings, or F12 to go into BIOS/CMOS settings.  Frustrated not finding a fix through various forums, and Toshiba exclusive sites other than to find out that it was not a terribly uncommon problem with both Win7, and Win8 (more so with Win7), I put it back in it's case and used one of my other computers.  I have Win8 on it, and decided to see if it would work after a 5 month hiatus.  Now for the first time when I boot it up, it asks me to use the Biometric finger scanner which I had never used before, or hit backspace to enter the BIOS password.  I can't get in to my own computer and don't know what to do. Not even the backup disks I had created before seem to be readable.  Please advise.

Peter

You can reset a Windows password, but if it is indeed a BIOS password, it would require servicing to remove unfortunately.

- Peter