Regular Contributor
LumberGumRubber

How to create Restore Disk

I'm using the amazing Toshiba L675-00X and would like to know how to create a restore Disc. Is this the same thing as what is called "Create a System Repair Disk" - this latter I have already done. But let's suppose the Hard Drive on this rig burst into a ball of flame - is there a way to put the Windows 7 back on a new Hard Drive?

One answer at a time only - all replies & help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: How to create Restore Disk

[ Edited ]

Satellite L675-00X Specifications

Satellite L670 Series User Guide

The Toshiba Recovery instructions begins on page 1-12 (44) of your user guide, and for Creating Recovery Media on page 1-13 (45). You'll need at least 3 DVDs. Your recovery partition/media contains a copy of the OS, as well as all the drivers and software your system came with. So, you can return your HDD, or a new HDD, to your system's factory default out-of-the-box state.

Mike

Regular Contributor
LumberGumRubber

Actually Miker, my user guide gives me no such instructions. This is why I put forth my question. I've got the User Guide here in front of me and there is nothing in the manual that I can find regarding creating a Restore Disc(s). The manual is called Toshiba Satellite L670/L670D/L675/L675D / Satellite Pro L670/L670D/Series User Information Guide. Your furthered instruction(s) will be appreciated. Thanks Miker. 

Regular Contributor
LumberGumRubber

Yo Miker - I found another Manual online and that is so much different than the one I have presently. The instructions are there as you state. I can go from here. If I run into problems, I'll beg your expertise. Thank you Miker!!! 

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Yo LGR dude! The highlighted text in my previous posts are links. They will take you somewhere, or offer for download something, you only have to click on them. I did look this stuff up in the specific user guide offered for download for your model on Toshiba Canada's site, which is the user guide link I gave you.

Good luck.

Mike

Regular Contributor
nameless

LGR, just type recovery on 'search programs and files' then some options will come up.

Look for recovery media creator then open it or click on recovery media creator help for instructions.

This is what I did on my Laptop.

Regular Contributor
LumberGumRubber

Thanks for the updated suggestions - this is always appreciated. Thanks!!!