benlucas840

How do i reformat my laptop to factory defaults?

Hi, I have a toshiba Satellite A305. I would like to Reformat or restore it to system Default settings, ( like I just got it out of the box)

I have looked everywhere on how to do this and have not found anything to help me with this. All i can find is the Backup files center and Restore Files center from a back up file whitch I dont want.

All I want is to just have it how it was when I first got it. I dont mind all my stuff getting deleted or what not, so theres no need for a disk.

Does anything know how to do this?

Thanks?

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: How do i reformat my laptop to factory defaults?

hold zero during boot. then select recover to out of box. if this doesnt work you will need to get a set of recovery media unless you have it and boot your computer to the dvd drive. either way it will do everything for you once you start.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

See the section Hard Disk Drive Recovery using the recovery partition starting on p. 61 of the User's Guide.

Satellite A300 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
benlucas840

alright, so I held down the 0 key and the beep noise went on and all that. And...nothing appeared, after that it just loaded up like normal. No reboot screen or nothing.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

alright, so I held down the 0 key..

Did you do it this way from power off?

Make sure the computer is turned off.

Press and hold the 0 (zero) key on your keyboard while powering on the computer.

-Jerry