Tomic

How do I restore to out-of-box state?

I have a toshiba satellite pro c675. I have done it before but I can't find the web page that told me how anymore x.x I do know for a fact that it isn't pressing and holding down 0 while turning on the laptop. I also know I don't need disks to do it. I don't want to restore to an earlier date either xD I want it all wiped.

Thank you all so much for your help in advance ^^
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: How do I restore to out-of-box state?

Tomic wrote:
 I do know for a fact that it isn't pressing and holding down 0 while turning on the laptop.

I hate to contradict you since you are so positive but the way to restore a Toshiba Computer Laptop to original out-of-box state is hold down 0 (zero) while turning on the power.  The whole procedure is covered in your User's Guide. I would give you a link to your User's Guide but you didn't give your complete model number like mine below for example.  However, you can also find it on your desktop at Start/All Programs/My Toshiba/User's Guide.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
Tomic

It's a c 675-s7200 and pressing zero doesn't work :/ ive tried it a bunch of times.
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Then the only other way that I know of is using recovery disks--those made by you when it was new if you did as suggested in  the User's Guide or ordered from Toshiba at the link below.

Toshiba Recovery Media

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
cfc
Occasional Contributor
cfc

How to restore your Toshiba laptop PC to its factory fresh software condition
Information:

Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk.  From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

1. Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
  2. Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
  3. Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
  4. Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer.  Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
  5. If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
  6. A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
  7. Click Yes to continue.
  8. When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
  9. Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.

Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete.  The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted.  When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.

cfc
Occasional Contributor
cfc

Creating system recovery media using the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator utility
Information:

There may come a time when you would either need or simply want to "start over" with the software image on your computer. This "start over" (or "Recovery") will restore the software on your computer back to its original factory condition. The down side of this process is that you will LOSE ALL DATA and programs that were not preinstalled at the factory.

There are several ways to perform the recovery process.  One method is to use CD or DVD** disks created especially for this purpose. You can make recovery disks, with blank CD or DVD disks that you provide, using the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator utility. You can make as many "sets" of the disks as you like (please note that the disk sets are specific to YOUR machine and cannot be used to "recover" other computers.) Toshiba recommends you keep at least one set of disks to use in case of an emergency.

Note: Not all machines offer both CD and DVD options. DVDs provide much larger storage capacity thus requiring fewer disks to make up the set.

Steps to create Recovery Media:

1. To use the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator click on the Start button in the lower left hand portion of the screen.

2. Type "recovery" in to the Search bar. As you type results will start populating the menu. The more you type the more "refined" the list will become, giving fewer and fewer options as you "narrow" the search. Note: If the results do not include the "Recovery Media Creator" utility, type "Toshiba recovery" in the search bar and try again.

3. Next, select "Recovery Media Creator" from the options presented to you. Note: The option may also be "Toshiba Recovery Media Creator", "Toshiba Recovery Disk Creator" or "Recovery Disk Creator".

4. Select "Yes" when prompted with the question, "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer?"

5. Within the "Media Selection" area place checkmarks in the boxes next to the options you desire. The "System Recovery Media" option will make a disk set that will perform a complete recovery of your software. Some models include the option to create "Application Disks" (as seen below). This option will allow you to create a disk set you can use to reinstall programs you specifically select from a list of applications originally shipped with the computer. Note: The "Media Set" section allows you to select the type of media you prefer, the example shows the default selection; DVDs.

6. The "information" box indicates what type of disks, and how many of them, you will need in order to create the disk sets you’ve selected. Note: Take the time to label the disks as you create them in order to avoid confusion later.

7. Checking the "Verify" box will allow the program to check the data as it is being written to the disks. Selecting this option will take longer for the application to create the disks but will ensure the disks are in good working order when completed.

8. Place a blank disk into your CD-ROM/DVD drive then select the "Create" button on the lower right of the page. Follow the on-screen instructions as you move through the process inserting new disks as the program requests them. Note: It may take several moments for the disk to become available after you close the drive .

Additional Information:

1. The path to the Toshiba Media Creator Utility is not identical on each machine. If you want to locate the specific location of the application you can use:
    1. Start menu>All Programs>Toshiba>Utilities>Toshiba Recovery Media Creator
    2. Start menu>All Programs>CD & DVD Applications>Toshiba Recovery Media Creator

2. On some machines the application can be found by using "Toshiba recovery" in the search bar while others use simply "recovery".

3. On some machines the application is called the "Toshiba Recovery Disk Creator" utility as opposed to the "Toshiba Recovery Media Creator".