brock0979

How do I get to safe mode to recover files from system recovery options?

My Satellite L655D-S5066 wont reboot and I would like to recover my files. From the cmd prompt administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe; I ran chkdsk c: /r with 12kb in bad sectors, failed to transfer logged messages, I also ran bootrec /RebuildBcd and found ) windows installations. To no avail I also put my laptop to start in fast mode; now all I get is the system recovery options. Is there any thing that I can do to recover my files?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: How do I get to safe mode to recover files from system recovery options?

Satellite L655D-S5066

Is there any thing that I can do to recover my files?

Sure. Three ways of reaching the data if your hard drive is alive.

(1) Install any version of Windows to a different folder on the same drive and boot it. You can use Windows Explorer to copy important files to external media.

(2) Download a free CD or thumb drive that boots to another operating systems or to a preinstall environment. See this message for an example.

(3) Remove the hard drive, mount it in an external enclosure, and access it from another computer.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
oliverpowell

Follow steps as described by larry and care to try one more thing that don't perform any read/write operation on the same drive as long as the deleted data couldn't be recovered.

To recover the data in case when recovery options failed to do the task efficiently, you should seek well for any standard data recovery software...

Hope it helps!!!

Thanks

brock0979

Thanks, I had to purchase another internal drive.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

What is the make and model of the new drive?

If it has advanced-format technology, you may encounter some anomalies restoring. See this thread.

-Jerry