CarolynRettinger

How To: Perform system recovery - Windows 7

I am trying to use my recovery CD's on my Toshiba C855-S5214 . I have held down the c key while powering up several times but to no avail. I have also used the F12 key, however there is no dvd option to select. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Re: How To: Perform system recovery - Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hi You will find your user guild here. When you hit the F12 key you want to select HDD Recovery.

Dokie!

Make sure the computer is turned off.
While powering on your
computer, press the
F12
key when the
initial TOSHIBA screen displays.
The Boot menu appears.
Using the arrow keys to scroll down, select the
HDD Recovery
option, and then press the
ENTER
key.
If your system offers a choice of Windows
®
7 32-bit or 64-bit

operating system, select one at this time. If not, skip to step 5

You can also Type HW in search and chage your boot order. IMHO is is best to have the ODD or DVD as the first boot option.

Then just put your first Recovery DVD inyour DVD drive and rstart your computer. Your PC should boot to the recovery mode.

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
EmanuelPatrascu

Re: How To: Perform system recovery - Windows 7

Ok, so recently, something happened to my computer: i was away at school and my little sisters did something to my Toshiba Satallite C855-S5214. When i open the laptop up, this message appears:

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.1.1.1(12/23/11)

Check cable connection!

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

I have no idea what to do, i followed your instructions, but when i get to my boot menu, there isn't a ''HDD Recovery'' there is only an HDD to click on. When i do click on it, it goes to a black screen with the message stated above on it. I bought a new hard drive, because i speculated that that was the problem, but even after i put the new hard drive in it was giving me this same message. I tried to restore it, but that didn't work. I would really appreciate any feedback you have.