TheBrenda

Hard drive diagnostic software available? A105

Toshiba Satellite laptop A015 - S4074

Want software to check my hard drive. Am running a chkdsk, but would like some software to check my hard drive.

I can not boot into XP. Get the blue screen. Did a

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Hard drive diagnostic software available? A105

Maybe the A105-S4074? 

To test the hard drive determine what brand of hard drive you have.  You can check the Bios/Setup to find out or run SIW or Belarc Advisor.  Go to that manufacturer's support site and download their Self Booting Diagnostic CD ISO image, create the CD using the Burn From Image option (see http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm for more information on doing this), then boot to it and run the most exhaustive tests available.  If you have a Toshiba drive you will need to use the Hitachi Drive Fitness Test as Toshiba doesn't supply their own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.