perezem5

Hard Drive Issue

I need assistance dealing with Hard Drive, My Laptop is a satellite L505D-S5994 and is reporting a message that it had detect a problem with the hard disk and to contact the manufacturer to determine if it need repairs or replace. I look through your downloads and have no information that could assist me in fixing the problem. I already back up my files in case in the event the disk goes totally bad. The disk name on my systems is MK3263GSX ATA device. I am currently station in Seoul, South Korea and it seems that you have no office in this area. I bought the extended warranty for this systems but the computer is basically new. Please advise, your prompt response will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Occasional Contributor
mike_1984

Re: Hard Drive Issue

I had the same problem with a sony vio that i had its either the hard drive is going bad or the hard drive conector is going bad either way hard drive is about $75-90.00 250gig-Hard drive connector runs about $15-30.00.

if its not soldered to your mother board then its expensive the motherboards aint cheap.

but thats what i know. if you try a new hard drive the usual toshiba laptop has a sata 2.5mm harddrive easy to install normaly has one screw on plate on the bottom of the laptop.

perezem5

Well, is official now the hard drive actually went bad, can some one send me a phone number to customer service that could assist soldiers station in Korea, I am try to call some of the number listed and non of them are working. Also a went to the Toshiba service department here in Seoul, and they will no fix my computer because is American made and they do not fix those from US.

Occasional Contributor
mike_1984

So this number dont work where you are at  1(800) 457-7777. If that number dont work and the toshiba corp. wont fix it cause its american you would probably be better off buying a hard drive and instaling it yourself.

Occasional Contributor
mike_1984

PS. They dont say the same thing at the hospitals there do they?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Unless you purchased the INTERNATIONAL Warranty you would need to send it back to the US for warranty service and you would only be able to go through the USA Support System.  Under those circumstances it would probably be easier, quicker, and possibly even cheaper to just replace the hard drive yourself.  Hang on to your defective hard drive so you can have it replaced under warranty when you get back to the states if you do so before the warranty expires.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.