AlaskaOneDay

HOW DO I UNISTALL THE NORTON ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION OFF THE LAPTOP?

I recieved an L555D-S7932 Laptop from HHGregg"s for a Christmas.

1.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO UNINSTALL THE NORTON ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION OFF MY LAPTOP?

DDL
Occasional Contributor
DDL

Re: HOW DO I UNISTALL THE NORTON ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION OFF THE LAPTOP?

There should be an option in control panel, programs and features(or add/remove programs, depending on OS.) Whether there is or not, do a google for Norton Removal Tool, which completely uninstalls Norton and Norton,s infamous leftover junk, which can cause problems with various programs.

Regular Contributor
coffeetime

Look for every item you can in Control Panel's Add/Remove section relating to Norton and Symantec and choose to remove or uninstall each of them.  Check to see if removal actually worked; recheck and try again anything you find in Add/Remove which is part of Norton or Symantec.  Once you have uninstalled everything you can in this way, use Norton Removal Tool, and run it two or more times. 

I just went through this yesterday and today.  I used Add/Remove to get rid of anything connected with Norton and Symantec and then, having the Norton Removal Tool on my DeskTop, ran it twice.  Now, after a search, I still find some folders and files related to Norton, but still not sure what they mean or what I should do with them.  On the other hand, I find now nothing in Control Panel's Add/Remove associated with Norton, and the use of NRT seemed to do some work, taking a few minutes in the first run.

I'm also interested in what people can tell us about this.

My machine:  Satellite Laptop, purchased in 2003, model 1415-S115, but I uninstalled and removed Norton Internet Security 2007.

Regular Contributor
coffeetime

............ssorry, I should have included this ----

Download Norton Removal Tool from the Symantec (Norton) website and be sure to pick the correct tool for the Norton product that you want to remove.  Download and put onto your DeskTop.

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

here is a link

norton removal tool

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Regular Contributor
nameless

yep, there's a link that you can visit top solve that issue.. try this one.

tinyurl.com/nortrem

Visit that website, look for the norton AV that you have then go to step 4 after clicking on the norton AV that you have.

Save it on your desktop then run it.

msandi7