NickN

Error in Toshiba Recovery Wizard

Hello all,

I recently used the Toshiba Recovery Utility to reformat the HDD on my Netbook (NB205-311/BN). I created 2 flash drives with the image of the system and Toshiba applications. After clearing off the partitions, the system restarted and then I received the following error when booting from the "System" USB Flash drive:

TOSHIBA Recovery Wizard

<Error>

An error has occurred

ERROR:F3F9000001

The system is not ready or configured incorrectly.

Please Press [OK] to turn off the computer.

I've been through the cycle quite a few times. In the BIOS set-up it shows that everything is there (2GB memory, 160GB HDD, etc.) I'm not sure what is wrong here. I googled the error code and didn't find any hits. Unfortunately, I've turned my netbook into a paperweight. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks.

Background: The reason that I decided to clear everything and start from scratch was that I was getting "Data Execution Protection" errors from explorer.exe and I could not get around it despite uninstalling programs that I had recently installed (a statistical program) and Windows system restore would not take me back to a restore point prior to the date of this program's installation.

Nick

blahrh

Re: Error in Toshiba Recovery Wizard

I have the same exact problem with my Toshiba Tecra A9.

My error is numbered F3FA000001, but it gives the same message: "The system is not ready or configured incorrectly."

Regular Advisor
Rickez

Nick,

What seems odd is you describe the recovery utility cleaned the drive then rebooted. Usually, it performs this action without a reboot.

Do either of your machines' drives currently have a partition? The error you are seeing *might* be due to the recovery utility not seeing an existing partition on the hard drive, though this shouldn't matter. Have you tried just creating a parititon first, rebooting to the USB again?

Rick...

AnDel

I had a similar problem with a Netbook NB205-N310/BN when booting to the restore DVD created with the Recovery Disc Creator tool.

TOSHIBA Recovery Wizard

<Error>

An error has occurred

ERROR:F3FA000001

The system is not ready or configured incorrectly.

Please Press [OK] to turn off the computer.

Apparently, the hard drive partitions were corrupted.  The restore process worked normally once I deleted all partitions.  Maybe that will work for you.

Antonio

JesterOTL

AnDel,

Did you just wipe out all of the partitions or did you create 1 big partition in the place of the partitions you deleted?

--J