jenbob555

Error code: Error sending end of post message to ME

When I start my computer (a 1 month old Toshiba Satellite laptop with Intel i3 core processor that came with Windows 7) it pauses on the prompt screen and then error message "error sending end of post message to ME" pops up, and then the computer starts normally.  This occurs both during regular start-up and also when restarting out of hibernation.  I have not tried it on stand-by.  It doesn't always happen, but does more often than not.

I've searched for this error message but I can't find anything explaining it.  A friend thought there might be something with the bios, but I have no idea how to check, and someone stated it might be hardware problems.  Does anyone know what is causing this?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Error code: Error sending end of post message to ME

..it pauses on the prompt screen and then error message "error sending end of post message to ME" pops up, and then the computer starts normally. 

Which prompt screen?

POST usually means Power On Self-Test. That would be during the early part of the boot before Windows begins to load and on a black screen. Right?

Which computer?

-Jerry
jenbob555

Sorry, I'm ok with computers, but forgive me my lack of knowledge :smileyhappy:

And yes, by prompt screen I mean the black screen right at the beginning with the little prompt bar for typing...not sure if it normally shows without this error message, but you are correct, it's before Windows loads.

The computer is a Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop.  It has an Intel Core i3 processor and 4 GB of RAM.

Thanks!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

So the message comes from the BIOS.

Which Satellite A505? What is the part number? All that should be on a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
Regular Contributor
zzz123

Can you go to the BIOS and reset it?

Tap F2 on POST screen to go to BIOS, F9 to reset, F10 to save and exit.

jenbob555

It's the A505-S6005, Part no. PSAT6U-005002.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A505-S6005 (PSAT6U-005002)

I was going to suggest reflashing the BIOS, but I don't see one posted for that part-number family yet.

Since it's a really new machine, I'd call Toshiba tech support (800-457-7777).

-Jerry
PiXiEGoDdEsS

I have the exact same brand/model/part, with the exact same problem. I do not always get the error message, typically, especially after hibernation, it freezes on the black screen, or the black screen with the cursor. I have to press ctrl alt del and hope it reboots with no problems. I also get some sort of could not long on to such and such when I'm in the middle of a session in Windows....

FrankSkeeter

This just happened to me (7/2/10).  Purchased the same Toshibe Satellite as the other users having this problem (from Best Buy).

It would be nice to see a solution posted.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Frank, try upgrading the BIOS from here.

ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.30 for Satellite A500/A505 (PSAT6U/PSAT9U)

Please let us know how it goes.

-Jerry
tuyennie

I noticed that that was for a 32 bit, mine is a 64 so I didn't try it. Anyone have any luck?

jdport

So has anyone tried this and did it help?  I have the EXACT problem and symptoms.

sbouthil

Same error message here.  Please inform us of the solution.

Wasay

I am seeing the same error on my Satellite A505 - S6020.

The systems resumes from hibernation after displaying this error, I have seen it at least twice now.

First time I got scared as if some how a bios level virus infected my pc, but running virus and spyware checks I was fine but I see the error again and reading this forum it feels it's a common issue.

Can some one please respond to the solution for this?

Thanks.

Grr on the side note, registration for this forum was painful, after email verification i was constantly redirected to member profile page and only after opening another browser was I show that a "Login" name was required, even after all information and agreement to terms. hmmmm wish it was simple, login name should be part of profile for new users.

Earth82

Sorry but I have exactly the same problem.

I have a  SATELLITE T230 SERIES with Windows7.

The first time I turned on it appaered the following message "Error sending end of post message to ME" then it seems that it always reboots and no longer able to remain steadily lit.

Anyone resolved the problem??