user2012

Error:F3-F200-0002

Hi. I was in the process of attempting to restore my Toshiba laptop to factory "out-of-the-box" settings, but I forgot to plug it up to the charger & the battery died before the restoration process was complete. Now when I start up the computer, Windows boots to a screen that says Error: F3-F200-0002. Is there any way to fix this? Please help. Thanks in advance. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Error:F3-F200-0002

You fix it by booting from the first recovery disc.

Which computer is that? There is a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
user2012

[ Edited ]

Is the recovery disc the only option? I don't think this laptop came with one...

• System Unit: Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976

• Part Number: PSLY5U-00Q01T
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L455D-S5976

See the section Recovering the Internal Storage Drive, which begins on p. 60 of the User's Guide.

Satellite L450 Series User’s Guide

You were supposed to burn recovery discs, as it says on p. 68.

In meantime, try recovering according to the section Recovering to out-of-box state (recommended recovery method), which starts on p. 61.

If you have important files you neglected to back up, the procedure above will remove them. 

-Jerry
FalkTech

I realize this is an old post but after searching all over the web and not finding any solutions that work I will post mine. Hopefully this helps someone.

We have found the above issue with using both the recovery process from disk as well from the CDs.  The only way around it ended up being loading from a generic OS disk and using the key on the bottom of the laptop and then loading all the drivers from the website.  You will need another computer to get the network drivers loaded to get started.  I'm not sure what is wrong with the Toshiba recovery process but it didn't work no matter what we tried.

We even tried a new hard drive and new RAM.  Our specific system was a Satellite L555-S7005 with Windows 7 Home Premium.

dshookowsky

I'm having the exact same problem.  I had to replace a failed drive and purchased the recovery media for $30.  Once it gets to the 4th disc, I get a copy protection error and then it boots to this error message.

The "tech" on the phone said it's a problem with the brand new hard drive I purchased from new egg.  I think it's more likely a problem with the shoddy burned CD images they shipped out.  I'll be opening a complaint with my credit card compnay if these discs are useless and I end up having to find another copy of Windows to reinstall.

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi! I realize this is a old message, but where is all the big boasting and the replies that the CD's did or did not work. I hate big mouths that make threats and don't back them up. I love my Toshiba and I personaly used these CD's to restore back to factory. Put up or shut up!

"I'll be opening a complaint with my credit card compnay if these discs are useless and I end up having to find another copy of Windows to reinstall."

Well I'm waiting!! Did they work??

Dokie!!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
lodestone

My son's Satellite suffered a total HDD crash. He bought a new identical HDD and the image disks from Toshiba only to suffer this error. I had a generic Win7 install handy and viola! he now has an operational laptop again. I'm thinking $$ back is the ethical thing for Toshiba to do.

There's yer answer.

--Allen

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi Allen!! Good for you! I don't have the power to refund your money, but I do have some advise. Use a free program like Macrium Reflect to create a image of your drive. Then you won't have to worry about your restore media not working next time. If the HD was good, then your out 30$ for the media. About what you will spend for two eating out in a restaurant. I don't know why Toshiba media did not work. I used the recovery DVD's one time and they worked for me. Now I just use Macrium Reflect when I have a problem.:smileywink:

Thanks for your feed back!

Dokie!!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Jay1637

[ Edited ]
Dokie,
I have a question. I'm having the same issue and nothing is fixing it. I have the windows 7 repair cd and the system restore CDs I made when I bought this laptop. I also get an error message after trying both options. I get an F3-F200-0002 message when i used the windows 7 repair disk and a 10-FC06-000D error when I try using the recovery CDs. I also get other errors too. If I turn on my laptop w/o the CDs or w/o pressing 0 or F8, it takes me to the Toshiba Recovery Wizard screen and freezes. Can you help?
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi Jay!! Looks like others have had your same error codes. I didn't see a answer however!! The first thing I probably would try is seatools dos to test your HD. I'm really thinking a bad HD at this point sense neither repair or recovery discs are working. Have you tried the hidden partition restore to factory.  Holding the O key while powering on your lap top. You could also down load a Linux OS and see what that does.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201271en

Here's others with your same error codes, but no solution?

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/Error-Code10-FC06-000D-Please-help/td-p/38...

Here's a couple of Free Linux OS's.

http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20Latest%20Release.htm

That's the best I can do. Maybe you will get better replies latter.

Dokie!!

PS Please post your full model number found on the bottom of your lap top.:smileywink:

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi Jay! Some times my thoughts and theories are not the same as other advisors here on the forum. These things can be hard to fix when you don't have the computer in front of you. My thinking is if you can boot to a to Linux OS, you are eliminating a lot of hardware problems. seatools dos is a excellent program to test your HD and you don't need a working OS to use it. We have some old advisors that know a lot and some new ones that also know a lot. I'm hoping they will join in and offer their suggestions. You might also try removing the RAM and resetting it one stick at a time. Bad RAM can give you problems. Their is a bootable program to test it. It's called memtest86 and like seatools dos, it doesn't require a working OS.:smileywink:

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm Keep me posted how things are going for you, and if you have a question I will try to answer it.

Dokie!

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

[ Edited ]

Hi Jay! Here are my thoughts before I hit the sack. You have done every thing that you should have done and it's a shame that you can not restore to out of the box( Back to factory). Unfortunately HD's drives fail and OS's get corrupted. I have my theories that don't seem to be accepted here on the forum some times, but I always give it my best shot.:smileywink: I learn new things every day. Some times my suggestions are ridiculed here, but I just shake that off. There are over 400 residents in my village that think I'm the best thing sense buttons on a shirt.:smileywink: That's really all I need to keep me going. If I can answer any of your questions, I will also give that my best shot.

Dokie!:smileywink:

Good night Vietnam! AWOL!

PS 1 Maybe others will reply latter! We can only hope.:smileywink:

PS 2 Go into BIOS and restore to factory and then try to restore back to factory.(Just a shooting in the dark)