VenomNX

Error Code

I bought a Satellite P505-S8980 a while back and have loved every minute of it except for now.  I was using to transfer some files over my network and apparently pushed it to far as the HDD completely died. A dissappointment to say the least. So I went to my local hole in the wall computer store and bought a 350 gig HDD by WD. The same day I also ordered the System Recovery Media disks for that model and then waited for them to arrive. Upon arrival of the disks, I installed the HDD then plugged in the disk to begin the recovery of my laptop.  After about 5 mins or so of the screen saying that Windows was loading files a screen came up and said:

<Error>

An error has occurred.

ERROR : F3-F100-0003

An error has occured.
Please press [OK] to turn off the computer.

And thats all it will do now. What is going on? Is there something that I'm not doing? Please HELP!!!!

prichey1

Re: Error Code

I have the same question as VenomNX, is there an answer to our problem, as I have the same problem. The only exception with me is I am using the origonal 250GB hard drive that came with my laptop.

Occasional Advisor
pacman

There are few recovery error that are listed or posted in the support site. You can check it through Doc 98082397

While running a full system recovery from the Recovery Media, the installation may fail -- and display one of the error messages listed below. Possible causes of these error conditions are listed at right. Use this list as a troubleshooting guide -- not as an absolute list of causes, as there may be others.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC10-1710" -- may be caused by a faulty hard drive.

"An error has occurred. ERROR : 10-FC12-0241" -- may be caused by a faulty hard drive or defective memory.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC12-045D" -- may be caused by a faulty hard drive.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC06-0002" -- may be caused by damaged recovery media or faulty hard drive.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC12-0970" -- may be caused by defective memory.

It is really hard to determined, maybe its a hdd issue, memory or recovery disc

=========================================================
the only easy day was yesterday.....
=========================================================

prichey1

As I greatly appreciate the reply, when I search the for DOC 98082397 number you listed, this is what I find? "Built-in webcam may not respond after computer awakened from Sleep state". Which of course doesn't help any. So far I have also tried with a Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit disc in place of the factory restore cd, a different RAM Module, & an external CD drive. I am getting ready to try a different HD. So far, getting the same error (ERROR: F3-F100-0003) on each attempt. Any additional information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

prichey1

FYI, I put in a 320GB SATA drive I had laying around. Reloaded with the factory Restore CD's. Problem resolved. Thanks again for the reply.

Occasional Contributor
turnerg1

Sorry to resurect an old train, however this occured to me on my original hard drive. Except I first received the error that no boot disc could be found, install CD boot disc and hit any key.

So I bought a new hard drive and downloaded the recovery discs. Computer ran fine for about 3 months and now the same "cannot find boot drive" error pops up again.

Anyone got any suggestions for these problems. I now have 2 potentially useless hard drives that even if formatted cannot restart my computer.

Greg

dan1-1

Don't wait time with Toshiba. Buy a company with better cusyome service.

dan1-1

This company even edits your posts. Messed with my spelling. Can't wait to see what they do with this!

Peter

dan, there are no edits on either of your posts.

- Peter
Trumpetnerd34

[ Edited ]

I have the error code : error f3-f100-010 And I can't find any information about it and I have the Toshiba Satellite C655-S5512

eagle2338

I have a satellite L655 and the first code I got was 0xc00000e9.  So I tried to do a system recovery.  Then half way through the process I got 10-fc12-0003.  I have no clue what has happened.  Any help is appreciated.

eagle2338

FredNassirkhani

Re: Error Code 10-FC12-0003 while recovery

On a Qosmio X500-S1801 during recovery we got  ( Error 10-FC12-0003)