dagr51

Error: 10-FC12-045D

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to recover my L305D-S5934 to factory specs using recovery discs that I just received from Toshiba, but I keep getting the above recovery error code and a message to press OK to turn off my computer.  Any idea what this is and what I can do to overcome it?  Thanks.

Edit to add:  PSLC8U-03701Q,  Vista 32

dagr51

Re: Error: 10-FC12-045D

Is there anyone who would be able to help me out here?  Thanks!

dagr51

I notice that others are receiving replies while I patiently wait (in vain?) for my first reply to my problem.  What is it I have done or neglected to do that requires the cold shoulder?  I really want to get along and do what is required to get a response - or at least an "I don't know".

Respectfully,

Dale

Peter

It sounds like the hard disk may have died. If you're still under warranty, contact customer support. If you're not under warranty, you could replace the drive yourself.

You've done nothing to warrant a cold shoulder, and you didn't receive one. This is a community forum; the community isn't obligated to post. Posts are given a few days to get community answers before I point the poster in the right direction. Unfortunately, that timeframe simply lined up with a three day weekend in this case. Sorry about that!

- Peter