CCPC

Downloading the recovery disk creator

Laptop hard drive died, well the first two partitions are corrupted, tons of bad sectors. I was able to backup the recovery partition which I wanted to copy to the replacement drive. How can I create recovery disks now with just the recovery partition? Is there a place to download the disk creator?
Peter

Re: Downloading the recovery disk creator

Please include your full model number when posting problems on the forums. It can be found on the bottom of your laptop.

- Peter
OmarAzanki

I Do the recovery on my toshiba satellite C655 with the Toshiba Media Creator, but the second DVD was corrupted and I was "standing in the way." My computer does not restart more ... How can I download the recovery of another computer? I can be this drive? how do I try to connect my computer? I can be booted from a windows somewhere? Thank you!

Peter

On most models, you can also do a recovery from the recovery partition. With the computer off, press and hold the '0' (zero) button. Keep holding it, and press the power button. Continue holding that button until the recovery utility loads.

- Peter
OmarAzanki

Peter, unfortunately I could not retrieve the data ... I ended up reinstalling windows, but he formatted my laptop who comes on your compuand do not think any more file from Toshiba! I need the touchpad drives, keyboard, camera, ... ter! can you help me? thank you

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Omar, you didn't tell us which Satellite C655 you have.

The model designation might look something like Satellite C655-S5212. The part number, something like PSC2EU-00R00F.

Look for a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
bro_rick

I have a Satellite C655-S5049, Part number PSC084-02D01D and it appears that the recovery disk creator is not installed on my laptop.  Can I download the program?

Thanks.

bro_rick

Oops, never mind.  I've found it now; it didn't appear the way I expected based on the directions I saw.  I had found the folder, but hadn't clicked on the correct application.

Thanks anyway.

Rick

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C655-S5049, Part number PSC084-02D01D

Satellite C655-S5049 (PSC08U-02D01D)

-Jerry
bro_rick

Thanks, Jerry.  Will the Recovery Discs include the Third-Pary software or just the Toshiba Software?

Rick

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Satellite C655-S5049

Recovery disks will restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents shown in the spec above.

For the whole story, see the section Recovering the Internal Storage Drive, which begins on p. 59 of the User's Guide.

Satellite C640/C650 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
JamesV

[ Edited ]

I've lost the capacity to even load up from ground zero.  Everything has been wiped on my laptop.  I had saved everything to a toshiba external drive where all my filies are.

I tried to reload everything and it said file to big.  The downside is that it wiped out the partition that contains the manufacture reset.  I tried to hold down the zero key and it is still a no go.  So I am pretty sure that partition of the drive is wiped clean especially when it keeps telling me to insert the windows installation disc which I do not have.

I have a toshiba satelitte C655-65068.  Product key XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX 

It has windows 7 hom prem oa as original.  How do I get the cds to get this laptop back up and running?  Or is it possible to get it downloaded?

Look forward to your response.

Jim

[Moderator edit to remove product key.]

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

satelitte C655-65068

Maybe that's a Satellite C655-S5068, Jim? We want that, but don't want your product key.

In any case, start a new discussion for this. Click the blue New Message button.

-Jerry
JamesV

Yes you are right it is a Satellite C655-S5068, and not another five.  Sad to say my vision is not the best.  Please tell me the next step.

Thank you for responding to me.

Jim

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

As I said in my message, Jim,...

....start a new discussion for this. Click the blue New Message button.

-Jerry