kannoe

Can't reinstall Windows !

Ok what's wrong with Toshiba ? I'm getting my third default in my laptop (keyboard + touchpad + OS ? ), what else should I expect for ?

I get this error when I try to format my HD ==> 20-FFFE-048f

And when I insert my 3rd disk ( 4 in total) , nothing happens and then got this message (twice) ==> ERROR :10-FC12-045D

I'm really getting sick of that toshiba laptop -_-'

I have any OS installed so far, so cant work with it.

help.

Regular Advisor
bmurray

Re: Can't reinstall Windows !

If you have a corrupt recovery disk set, and I assume you can't recover from the hidden recovery partition, then about the only thing you can do is order a set of recovery disks from Toshiba. 

L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
kannoe

Hi bumarry,

but the thing i dont understand is why i have to pay 45$ for recovery DVD , even if i have a one year warranty ?

Regular Advisor
bmurray

I completely agree with you and think that Toshiba should provide system disks with the laptop.  That way if there is any problem (i.e., bad hard drive, corrupt system files, etc.) you can do a clean reinstall.  Toshiba only provides the hidden recovery partition and the ability to create restore disks which both are unreliable.  And if they don't work you are faced with having to pay for something you already own.  The only suggestion I have is maybe you can contact Toshiba directly and see if they wil send you the disks free of charge as your still under warrenty.

L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit