sayya2daupeh
Accepted Solution

Attempting to create recovery media on P500-ST6822 but fails

Just received my Satelite P500-ST6822 laptop with Windows 7 OS, and want to create recovery media before I start normal use. 

While creating the system recovery media the process fails at the same location indicating -

"Diferences were found between the following files. 

Source Path: 

Z:\ZZImages\ZZImages\PREINSTS.SWM 

Targe Path: 

D:\ZZImages\ZZImages\PREINSTS.SWM 

(Error Code 02016F-3C-00000000)"

Tried this twice, and both attempts fail at same location.  Next message indicates failed to create recovery CD 1, and gives three choices, retry, next , and cancel.  Have wasted two DVDs, would like to get past this so I can a complete set of recovery media.  Any ideas on how to get around this failure?

Thanks in advance...

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Attempting to create recovery media on P500-ST6822 but fails

You'll need to contact Toshiba Support about this and have them send you a working set of recovery disks as the files on your hard drive are corrupted.  There's nothing you can do to change that on your end. 

See this post on who to contact to order the disks and be sure to explain the problem you are having so they don't charge you for them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

sayya2daupeh

Re: Attempting to create recovery media on P500-ST6822 but fails

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll go ahead and contact Toshiba.  One thing I did find interesting, I tried perform the Microsoft application to backup the disk drive, and it worked.  I guess Microsoft does not do a check like the Toshiba utility does.  Anyway thanks for the reply.