jbodenrader

Administrator password after recovery

Satellite C675 was shutting down and restarting repeatedly on it's own. Ran several security checks to no avail. Decided to run "System Recovery" from internal computer program(f12).

When finished, took about an hour, computer came up looking for an administrator password. Have no idea of what it is.

Computer will run in "Safe Mode" but not in normal mode.

Tried to make recovery disk in "safe Mode" but the "ZZ Images" on the first created recovery disk keeps malfunctioning. Looks like the recovery process on the laptop has 2, ZZ Images folders!

Running Windows 7...or should I say, trying to run Widows 7

jbodenrader

Re: Administrator password after recovery

I really would like some help with this situation.I called Toshibabut all they were interested in was nickingme for a buck and a halfto fix a computer they put a bad recovery file on.go figure
Peter

There is no default administrator password. Have you tried just leaving it blank?

- Peter
jbodenrader

Yes, I have

Peter

It sounds like it may have been a bug during initial setup after the recovery. You may want to run the recovery again.

- Peter
jbodenrader

I will give it a try thanks. I tried to create recovery discs in "soft mode" the "ZZ images" folder is suspect. Could that be the problem? There appeares to be a problem in one of the files in the folder.

Peter

If there was an error in the image files or the disc creation process, I would expect it to simply corrupt a file and not do something specific such as setting a password. I'm not positive though.

- Peter
jbodenrader

There appears to be a "ZZ Images" folder created on the first disk. When it is opened there is another "ZZ Images" folder. The second folder contains all the  files. Strange. Have not had time to try the recovery again. thank you for the help.