RBryan51

A135 stuck at splash screen

Normal shutdown; when i bootm, the comp is stuck at the Toshiba splash screen. F2 won't respond; f12 , if I tap repeatedly wwill say 'entering ..." but stays there (the splash screen.). It is not responding to the recovery disk. Lights say HD, battery, etc. are all good. Ideas?

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: A135 stuck at splash screen

[ Edited ]

Let's try a proper system reset, and see if this helps bring the system back.  Power off your system, unplug everything including the AC, remove the battery, press and hold down the power on button for 30 seconds, replace battery and AC, power on, when you see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to enter BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, then try to boot into Windows again.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

RBryan51

Hi Mike, and thanks so much for answering.

I did the above, again stuck at the splash screen. (Tried all x 3)

I forgot to tell you  that I attempted a reformat earlier by pressing "C" (of course with the recovery disk) with no luck. I can only get a change by repeatedly tapping F12; but all it does is tell me it's accessing the boot menu...it doesn't actally go there.

Randy

Super Advisor
miker643

1) Try removing only the battery, leave the AC plugged in, power on.

2) Try unplugging the AC, leave the battery in, power on.

3) Try unplugging AC, remove the battery, remove both RAM modules, replace one RAM module in a different spot, replace battery & AC, power on. Repeat this process until you have tried each RAM module alone in each slot. See the installing/removing RAM directions starting on page 47 of your Satellite® A130/A135 Series User’s Guide

4) If none of the above works it could be a corrupt BIOS.

BIOS Recovery procedures

5) As your system is likely off warranty, perhaps you should consider paying a professional for a diagnostic:

Locate a Service Center

Good luck.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
SOHO

Re: stuck at splash screen

[ Edited ]

My Portege z835 now exhibits the same behavior.  It is approaching a year old and I probably boot it 25 times a week, with 2 or 3 boots getting stuck at the Toshiba splash screen.  The problem started occuring about a month ago.  I work-around by holding the power key down so that it shuts down, then boot again.  So far, that fixes it, although sometimes I need to repeat the process.  You can be sure I have added a daily backup in case of complete Toshiba Failure.

Diagnostics do not show any problems.  What might be causing this irritating problem?