Occasional Contributor
Vaclav00
Accepted Solution

P875-S7310 USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller driver error in 2013

[ Edited ]

I get error with new year, driver work again only if I change date in my laptop back to December 30 2012 or before, when is 2013 then I get error again, see pic, I check 1 other same laptop and have the same problem, anyone have this problem?

after more test I find thar error start 00:00:00 Jan 1 2013 UTC time zone since no error before 5pm Dec 31 2012 Mountain Time (-7) and error come after 5pm Dec 31 2012 Mountain Time

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: P875-S7310 USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller driver error in 2013

Satellite P875-S7310

Bizarre! Let's keep an eye on this thread in the Microsoft Community.

I get an error code 31 in Device Manager

I think those people don't yet know what they're dealing with.

In the meantime, call Toshiba's tech support at 800-457-7777 and see if you can escalate this far enough to get the attention of somebody who's not reading a script to you.

-Jerry
jegohio

I am having the same problem with my Satellite P875-S7310 and I cannot find the driver to try to reinstall it.  I have lost all connection with my wireless printer since this error came about.  Not sure if this has any connection..but how do you fix this?  When I try to update the driver it responds that i have the most current driver.  HELP!

Occasional Contributor
Vaclav00

I talk today toshiba supervisor and they don't want help with this at all and with few other problems, they say warranty is only for hardware. you can change year in your laptop back to 2012 to use your wireless printer until they have new driver after you change year restart or disable and enable that in device manager did you have any of this other problem with P875-S7310? 1. USB don't have power in BIOS or when you want boot from USB 2. DVD drive turn on and make click every 10 minutes 3. computer power on when lid is open when you have this option disabled in BIOS
Occasional Contributor
Vaclav00

toshiba don't want to help at all, thanks for that other link
chrishh

Same situation on my Lenovo when I check device manager - with same messages.  What does this controller actually do?  The computer doesn't seem to have performance issues.  I discovered the problem in the device manager while looking into something else.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Another thread to keep an eye on.

USB-IF xHCI USB host controller driver problem

One person there [iTinn] appears to have resolved it.

I had the same problem on my HP notebook with w8 installed.  I ended up uninstalling the driver "USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller", then it worked.  It picked up Microsoft USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" after a reboot. 

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
Vaclav00

I FIXED!!!   you must update Intel® Wireless Display Software to 3.5.40.0 from intel, that update driver to 1.0.24.13195 http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless-display idk why windows update don't find that but this option work

jegohio

I found a solution also...but lost my installed programs.  I changed my date back to dec 2012.and the USB-IF xHCI Host Controller problem was gone, plus the USB-IF USB 3.0 HUB was back also (didn't know it was gone), then changed corrected the date. Then refreshed the laptop..didn't affect any files this way.  Would not let me restore...so this was my only solution without doing a complete recovery.  I think it has alot to do with Windows 8...have had nothing but grief with this computer (1 mos old)..and also with my 6 mos old HP PC that I have Windows 8 installed(which I barely use).

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

you must update Intel® Wireless Display Software to 3.5.40.0 from intel, that update driver to 1.0.24.13195

Let me see if I understand this. You fixed the Code 31 for the USB Host Controller by reinstalling the wireless display driver? Toshiba has one here.

Intel Wireless Display 

Let's see if your fix works for the others in this thread.

-Jerry
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I found a solution also...but lost my installed programs.  ...    ...refreshed the laptop..didn't affect any files this way.  Would not let me restore...so this was my only solution without doing a complete recovery. 

So a Refresh worked for you. Good.

Settings > Change PC settings > General tab > Refresh your PC without affecting your files

BTW, it's possible to make backups that enable you to retain your desktop applications during a Refresh.

How to create a system image to refresh your Windows 8 PC

If System Restore is still broken (probably not), let us know.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
Vaclav00

I use newest 3.5.40.0 from intel - is included new driver 1.0.24.13195
jfarrarpa

I bought my Toshiba Portege Z935 with Windows 8 now upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, late in 2012 and found the same error message in my devices display by accident while exploring namely:

usb-if xhci usb host controller (error 31)

I wanted to let others know that I followed the link to Intel Driver update given in the message above, allowed a scan of my computer, and allowed the website to update the driver and WiFi system which resolved the problem without any other changes.  Not sure why others do not know about it but this is clearly the fix.  Thanks for the advise.

sujitkumarmalic

MY laptop model is U-845W-S410P, Plz give me the solution of that matter.

Occasional Contributor
Vaclav00

you welcome, idk why toshiba don't know that, they don't want help at all
Occasional Contributor
Vaclav00

try my link for intel
blossom964

Thank you so much for posting this information! I received the same error message and was able to fix it!!

Occasional Contributor
Vaclav00

you welcome
Occasional Builder
Bi-Ill

THANK YOU, Vaclav00! Your hyperlink helped immensely.

Good luck!
Sincerely,
Bill5960