toolmanfob

How to get around XP professional log in password if possible

I have purchased from a garage sale a Toshiba lapetop pro 6000.  it did not come with any Toshiba supplied software.  the issue is to items.  the first is when I boot the computer up (it has windows XP professional on it) it is asking for a user id and password which of course I do not have.  is there any way to go around this to setup a new password?.  if there is not then does any one know what drivers I will need if is wipe the hard drive and have to reload.  I know the web sit from Toshiba has drivers but not sure which ones I will need to get the unit back up so I can install an operating system. 

sorry for this being so wordy.

Thanks

toolmanfob

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: How to get around XP professional log in password if possible

Spud96uk

Hi, Have you found what you need yet? there is a number of easy ways to solve this and they don't cost a penny!

If you still need help email me ken.thomson@t2compufix.co.uk

Spud96uk

Jerry A bit more info would be good! Is this the Windows Administrator or the Bios? Again feel free to email me direct.

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

It has to be the Windows Administrator password, the forum rules forbid us to help someone bypass the bios password.

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
booger

download orphcrack..

works like a charm

maggiena

for XP: 1 .Log into safe mode 2 . Log in as the computer Administrator, "Administrator" for the username 3 . Leave the password blank 4 . Control panel and change the password for your account
Locous

Bypass Toshiba XP login password from Safe Mode by F8.

Step 1. Press F8 when Latitude laptop starts. Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and Enter.
Step 2. At the login screen with computer user accounts, choose an available account to login. Please note that the Administrator account (default/built-in) password is blank if never set password for it before.
Step 3. In Safe Mode, Dos command displays. Input “net user” and press Enter to list all the user names in Windows XP computer. Then input “net user Linda 123456” (Linda is the locked account name and 123456 is the new password set on this account) and press Enter. Then we will see “The command completed successfully.”
Step 4. Input “shutdown -r” and press Enter to restart the system, then we can access “Linda” account in normal logon mode.