steelfish

toshiba p745 - s4320 wireless switch as well as all other touch switches on the top keyboard strip

I am having the same Problem with my Toshiba P745 - s4320 model. I cannot connect to the internet because it says my hardware radio switch has been turned off.  The top touch strip above the keyboard on the laptop does not work at all on any of they fuctions (like the light on some keyboard keys),  The hardware radio switch is located on this strip, and therefore I cannot touch it to turn it back on.  I also tried the FN key with F8 to turn it on, but all I get is "Internet Connection Disabled, please turn on your hardware radio switch".  So, is somewhere in the software I can go to enable it? Please help

I already tried all the TVA packages, and not luck so far

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: toshiba p745 - s4320 wireless switch as well as all other touch switches on the top keyboard str

"I already tried all the TVA packages, and not luck so far".

I assume you mean you have reinstalled TVAP.  Now try a System Reset which frequently fixes the problem you are having. Turn off computer. Remove all attachments and battery. Press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds.  Attach Power and insert battery.  Start computer and tap F2 at the Toshiba splash screen to get in BIOS.  Press F9 to setup system defaults. Answer Yes. Press F10 to Save Configuration Changes and Exit.  Answer Yes to complete the process.  The computer will restart.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
steelfish

Re: toshiba p745 - s4320 wireless switch as well as all other touch switches on the top keyboard str

nop, I still havent able to connect to turn the switch on, it just turn off the light and then then the light slowly come back, the wifi 

dam... any other possible solution?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I've read here that executing this file sometimes works miracles.

C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TBS\TBSWireless.exe

-Jerry
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Try this.  Go to Computer/C: Drive/Program Files/TBS/TBSWireless.exe.  Toggling the .exe file should turn the wireless on/off.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Oops! You beat me to it, Jerry! :smileyvery-happy:

C.B.

C.B.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Four minutes!

-Jerry