product key #

i just had to use recovery discs onmy toshiba satellite laptop, and now my product key is no longer valed when i went to activate windows. i been told that i need to get another one from toshiba...how can i do this..the toll free # i have for the wll not work for me...and i am getting really frustrated wit everyone i talk with they just transfer me to someone else and i'm getting no where with this..windows vista iswhat i am trying to activate.

Ace Advisor

Re: product key #

There should be no need to activate Windows after you restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media.

What is the message? When does it occur?

What model to you have? Please give us the complete number.

-Jerry

Yes, I need my product key # too. I have a Satellite S6804, PSAFGU-058002 that came with Vista. I've redone my whole hard drive and installed diffrent OS's and want to restore it to the original OS. I need the Key # to reactivate my Vista. Thank you.

PS-I no longer have my Toshiba recovery disc :smileysad:

Ace Advisor

Satellite A215-S6804 

I need my product key # too ... want to restore it to the original OS. I need the Key # to reactivate my Vista. ... I no longer have my Toshiba recovery disc :smileysad:

Order your recovery discs from Toshiba.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

You do not need a product key. The Windows placed on the hard disk is already activated.

-Jerry

I have this stupid error as well.  Had I known that Toshiba disk I bought would remove my windows account i wouldn't have spent my money on this crap cost $40 for more headaches than I already had.  Yes, 'it should not need jto be activated by using recovery disc' we know that, can you help with why it IS giving errors?  I have attached a clip of the msg so you can see for yourself.  I just received this recovery flash in the mail today! This preinstalled key that generated after using the recovery disc I purchased from Toshiba  Nor, the product key I have from my windows 8.1 disc i bought from walmart will work. By the way, where the heck is my product key for my viewing on this stupid computer.  Never had to search so hard for this on my HP laptop it's right on the bottom_)nice going toshiba, iu spent 1k on 2 laptops for me and hubby not even 2 years ago and this is crap, I will say in the least..yuk.