campotter221

model number on my toshiba

hi i am trying to find the model number for my laptop i bought it 3 years ago has 17 inch screen and web cam. does anyone know how i can find this out the model number is not on the comp anymore.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: model number on my toshiba

[ Edited ]

Did you look on the bottom where there is a label with model number, part number and serial number? You can also get it by downloading and running Belarc Advisor.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
Daren81

[ Edited ]

I've got the same problem as the original poster except the sticker on the bottom doesn't give the info I'm looking for and unfortunately neither does the utility routine in the programs option.

The sticker looks like this:

Model U500

Part Number PSU9BU-01T014
Serial Number .........

Is there some way to find out what series my machine is 'most like' so that i can get an updated driver for wi fi LAN card?  there's only six to choose from in the drop down menu driven selector but you never know.  I've got the realtek8191SE for 802.11N PCI-E NIC set up...and I'm running Win 7 64x

Peter

It looks like that was a custom built machine without a second part to the model number. Here's your support page.

SATELLITE U500

- Peter
Daren81

You're correct that it was a custom build. 

Thanks Peter, the download from that linked page was EXACTLY what was needed.

Regards,

Daren81

Peter

You're quite welcome!

- Peter