eslam

insyde h2o bios

Suddenly I found a password on the bios setup I didn't enter a password I didn't know from where it comes I am using the laptop normally but just I want know from where this password had come FOR ALL USERS THIS LAPTOP IS MINE okey anyone can help please toshiba satellite l505

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: insyde h2o bios

Which L505?  They make several different models.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

eslam

The full model "" satellite l505-s5990 """

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

There are a LOT of Toshiba models that suffer from a faulty bios spontaneously setting a random password.  That model isn't one of the many that have been well known to suffer from that problem.  You'll need to contact Toshiba Technical Support at (800) 457-7777 to see what they can do for you, but it will probably need to be sent in for repair. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Contributor
bat22

C=64, is the Satellite A500-ST6622 one of them(XXfingers crossed)?  Is ther a list posted somewhere of the affected models?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

No, that isn't one of the models that is known to exhibit that behaviour.  I don't know of a master list of the ones that are.  I just check the Product Support Link for that model and look under Support Bulletins when someone posts haveing that problem.  If Toshiba knows about the problem affecting that specific system it will be posted there.

Occasional Contributor
bat22

Whew!  I'm glad of that.  Thanks C=64

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

No problem.