Jayashantha

how to disable touchscreen functions on windows 8

how to disable touchscreen functions on windows 8 running toshiba satellite p840 laptop???

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: how to disable touchscreen functions on windows 8

F5

-Jerry
Jayashantha

noo i asked about touch display???

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Sorry about that.

This option was removed from Windows 8 before RTM. It was in Control Panel earlier.

If you can identify the device, you can disable it's driver. Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Human Interface Devices.

-Jerry
BeatsMeWhy

Windows 8 does not seem to allow any simple function for disabling touch screen input but retaining digitizer / pen function.  (although I'm sure this used to be available - maybe it was Windows 7).

After trial and error I found following procedure successfully disables touch screen input on Toshiba Portege M780 running Windows 8 while retaining digitizer / pen capability.  Note - this procedure is untested on any other  make or model but might work:

Run Windows 8 Device Manager.  Under Human Interface Devices there should appear a number of HID-compliant devices. Inspect each of these in turn (right click then select Properties) , looking for devices that have a Location of 'on Wacom Penabled Dual Touch' or similar. Disable each such device in turn and test whether it has had the desired effect of disabling touch input but retaining digitizer input.  On my M780, disabling the 4th last device did the trick. When I first made the obvious choice of disabling the Human Interface Device named Wacom Penabled Dual Touch this in fact disabled both touch and pen input.  Only by disabling in turn each of the generic devices named HID-compliant device was I able to discover which of them controlled touch rather than pen input.