rocrex

XP drivers for L300-04N

I have a SATELLITE L300-04N  PSLB8C-04N01, Cdn model. I'm trying to downgrade from Vista to XPpro. I tried the Toshiba Euro site and Asia sites, but neither has 04N PSLB8C drivers.

Some model # differ fr country to country. Does anyone know which drivers from these sites are likely to work....

Any help wld be greatly appreciated. 

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Re: XP drivers for L300-04N

You may or not be able to downgrade it, I have a G55 that blue screened every time I went near it with XP even though the site offers drivers for XP, it would blue screen even with a service pack 3 XP disc and the latest bios update.

Save your money and buy Windows 7 ultimate, it kicks serious butt compared to both XP and vista.

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

L300-04N (PSLB8C-04N01)

It's a Canadian machine. You'll find all the drivers at this site.

I don't see any XP drivers for that model.

-Jerry
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

You can download XP drivers from the European Support Site for the L300 with the short model number of PSLB8E (the Euro equivilant to your Canadian PSLB8C).  Just don't use any of the bios files from the Euro download site.

--------------------8<------------------- <snip> ------------------

You need to make sure that your XP install disk is at least SP1 level or higher for it to recognize a hard driver larger than 137gb in size.  You can integrate SP1, SP2, or SP3 into your XP Install Disk by using nLite as per this guide.

Because Windows XP doesn't have native SATA support you'll need to follow this guide to integrate your SATA drivers into your XP Install Disk.  If your system has an Intel chipset motherboard do yourself a HUGE favor and use the Intel drivers they link to in the guide. If your motherboard uses an AMD/ATI motherboard chipset substitute THIS driver for the Intel drivers in the guide.

You can integrate your Service Packs during this proceedure as well.

Install your drivers in this order.
Restart after each driver and take the time to test between drivers.

The driver installtion order is a GENERIC one that isn't model specific so not all will apply to your model. 

The names are generic and may not match the names on the files exactly.  You'll need to use your best judgement and common sense to determine which ones to install.

Chipset software
Display driver
Sound driver
Modem Driver
If your machine has the internal WiFi card, then install the WLAN and/or WiFi driver
ACPI Common Modules (required for Power management tools to function)
Toshiba Console
Display Hotkey utility
Touchpad Driver
Touchpad enable/disable utility
Toshiba Network Device Switch utility
Toshiba Power Saver Utility
Toshiba Controls
Toshiba Utilities

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.