ewarnick29

Word Product Key

Where do I get my product key for Word so I can use it past the 25 times I'm allowed? Satellite model L455D-S5976

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Word Product Key

That depends.  Are you talking about the Trial Version or is this a full version that you purchased with the laptop?  If it's the trial version you'll need to contact Microsoft to purchase a key.  If it's a full version that came with the laptop the key came on a card with the other documentation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

ewarnick29

I went through everything. I didn't throw anything away, I even went throught the box again. Can't find anything. I assume its the full version, it was on here when I bought it.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

Most of them do NOT come with the full version just the trial version.  You can go to the Product Support Link, enter in your model number, then go to the Detailed Spec Tab to see what it was shipped with. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L455D-S5976 

The product key for the Office Home and Student 2007 Edition (60-day trial) that came with your laptop can be obtained from Microsoft.

Request a trial activation key

In order to use Office longer, you must purchase a license.

How to convert a trial version of a 2007 Office suite or program to a full retail perpetual license ...

-Jerry
tomnjo

I have a satellite L505-5988 and looking at the specs I beleive it comes with the full version of MS works and yet I am being asked for a Product Key that I don't have.  Should this have been included with the computor or can I get it from Toshiba????

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

tomnjo wrote:

I have a satellite L505-5988 and looking at the specs I beleive it comes with the full version of MS works and yet I am being asked for a Product Key that I don't have.  Should this have been included with the computor or can I get it from Toshiba????

Maybe the L505-S5988?  If so it comes with the full version of MS Works, but a TRIAL version of MS Office (which contains MS Word).  You have to apply for the key to enable the 60 Day Trial. 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101759021033.aspx

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L505-S5988

As the specs above (and cee_64) indicates, it's probably the 60-day trial version of Office Home and Student 2007 Edition that's complaining,

The product key for that is on a card that nobody seems able to locate. Microsoft supplies it here.

Request a trial activation key

-Jerry
Regular Contributor
RoK1

Thanks cee and Jerry for that bit of information. 

QosX505-Q879__ i7-720QM__1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz Turbo)6MB__PM55 Express Chipset__NVIDIA® GeForce GTS 360M w/1GB GDDR5/1274MB via TurboCache @ 2298MB__Physical Mem @ 6GB DDR3 1066MHz__64GB ATA SSD__500GB (7200) ATA HDD__Blu-ray Disc® ROM/DVD__18.4 LCD @ 1920 x 1080i native__Win7 P X64_SP1_3-120MM Fan NZXT Cooler_Rec 2/19/10

NZXT ACC-NT-CRYO LX Aluminum Notebook Cooler 120MM Adjustable Fans

__ CD-ROM-R-RW@ (24x)/CD-RW (24x)/DVD-ROM-R Single @ (8x)/DVD(4x) RW(6x) +R(4x)+RW (8x)/DVDRAM@(5x)/BD_ROM@ (6x)__8.4”TruBrite® TFT LCD @ 1920 x 1080i native (FHD) 1080i__