tmastatay

Toshiba Satellite L675 Really Messed Up

I have no clue how this happened and I will try my best to explain my problem.

When I turn my laptop on, it says "reboot and select proper boot device," but this only happens sometimes.

Picture of it: http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s503/No_Eulogy/Reboot.jpg

Sometimes when I turn my laptop on it will say "Windows Loading Files" and then it will show the startup screen, then the screen will go black and I will be able to move the mouse, but the pointer looks bigger than normal, and the screen will just stay blank. 

Picture of it: http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s503/No_Eulogy/Blackscreen.jpg

When I hit F8 I don't get the "Repair your computer option," but I get Safe Mode, etc, and when I click that, I get the issue with the second picture.

I have system repair disc, although I can't run it. I also have Windows 64-bit repair disc, which I can't figure out how to run. I also have the full system restore disc (4/4.)

Frequent Advisor
drev9

Re: Toshiba Satellite L675 Really Messed Up

It sounds like you need to do a system restore.  Start the computer, hit F2 at the Bios flash screen, and change priority so that your DVD drive is top priority.  Load disc 1 of your system restore media, and let it run.

tmastatay

F2 wasn't working so I went into F12 and I was able to make it number one priority, but now I can't figure out how to run the disc because it never gives me an option.

Regular Advisor
billkunert

If you have set your DVD drive as your first boot priority and you place the first restore disk in the drive and reboot the computer should boot the restore disk. From there you should be able to restore your computer to the way it was when it was new.

L875D-S7232 (Win 8.1)
tmastatay

It just does the black screen with the mouse after it says "windows loading files."

tmastatay

Bump