Tuggerofhearts

Toshiba Laptop Check

This is my third attempt at posting this. I am using my first Laptop and first Toshiba computer product. I am completely baffled by the Toshiba Laptop Check program that runs automatically. When it is finished, it keeps reporting that I do not have any security protection programs running, when in fact I have my own selected Antivirus program installed and up to date, as well as 4 anti-Spyware/Mailware/Spam programs up to date and run on a regular schedule. I do not use any Norton products any longer since these programs too often failed to keep my computer virus free. How do I get Toshiba in sync with my preferred computer protection programs so that these "Error Reports" which are erroneous are eliminated without turning off the Toshiba program?
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba Laptop Check

You don't tell which Windows or which computer (so we can look it up). If this is a new model, then you have Windows 7. I'll assume that.

Toshiba Laptop Check program that runs automatically. ... keeps reporting that I do not have any security protection programs running,

I don't know anything about Toshiba programs. But Windows 7 will check for an AV program and complain if it doesn't recognize the one you have. Turn that off this way.

Control Panel > Action Center > Change Action Center Settings

Disable the Virus protection message.

-Jerry
Tuggerofhearts

It is a Toshiba Satellite C655 with windows 7.  I'd give almost anything to be able to have Windows XP and Outlook Express on this machine rather than what came loaded on it.  Totally user unfriendly as far as I am concerned.

As to the problem, apparently Laptop Check doesn't recognize any of the free antii-virus or anti-spyware/maleware/spamware programs.  These are the kinds of programs I have come to rely on since neither Norton or McAfee could keep my computers free of viruses.  When I was using either of the paid prorgams, I would almost always have to go through a clean-up of some virus or another at least a month because I was infected by something that these programs never detected.  Since switching to the free programs, my computer has remained virus free.  Even when attacks are made, i have been notified by the anti-virus program of the attempt and that the viris has been blocked or isolated. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C655 

Time to learn which Satellite C655 you have. There is a label on the bottom.

I"eve switched all our computers over to Microsoft's free A/V.

Security Essentials

It plays well with Windows.

-Jerry