Greggk

Screen Dead?

Hello,

I got my mother a satellite l355d.  She's had it for less than 2 months, and now the screen flickers a little, and then goes blank.  If you look closely the images are still on the screen, just the backlight is not lit.  I've had similar issues with a laptop before, and it turned out to be a bad inverter, however this laptop is fairly new, could that be the problem?

Frequent Advisor

Re: Screen Dead?

Greggk wrote:

Hello,

I got my mother a satellite l355d.  She's had it for less than 2 months, and now the screen flickers a little, and then goes blank.  If you look closely the images are still on the screen, just the backlight is not lit.  I've had similar issues with a laptop before, and it turned out to be a bad inverter, however this laptop is fairly new, could that be the problem?

Probably, but sincethe notebook is under warranty, have Toshiba fix whatever is wrong.  Click on the 'Repair' link at the top of this page to find an Authorized Service Provider.

Greggk

Yes, I know I probably should sent it out to Toshiba, but I won't be back home till after the new years, and I was hoping to get it fixed for my mom before then.  Where can I find out what exact inverter I need to use.  From what I've seen they are quite cheap, and it would be worth while checking that out.
Frequent Advisor

Greggk wrote:
Yes, I know I probably should sent it out to Toshiba, but I won't be back home till after the new years, and I was hoping to get it fixed for my mom before then.  Where can I find out what exact inverter I need to use.  From what I've seen they are quite cheap, and it would be worth while checking that out.

If you could be sure it was the inverter, then your idea might work.  It could also be a bad switch or cable.

Anyway, you must be good to be able to swap out an inverter without having the computer in front of you.

Try www.sparepartswarehouse.com

Happy New Year!

Occasional Contributor
pcgirl

Hello,

I would suggest contacting Toshiba at 1 (800) 457-7777.  Let them refer you to a local Authrorized Service Provider rather than sending it to the Toshiba Depot.  Sometimes that option is faster since you can take it locally without having to wait for a box.  If you are under warranty, Toshiba will repair it for free.  It is your option to take it locally for repair if you choose to.

pcgirl