Occasional Contributor
ronnie18

Satellite L775D-S7108 update

i just bought my Satellite L775D-S7108 windows 7 64bit sp1. may 24 using mac right now. so wont be at pc till 4 (school)

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=331799... 

i went to product support and found the link above, and some other downloads (going to be a long day updating software the link says clock runs fast? does that include me since i bought mine a couple of days ago? thanks (it dont seem to run fast it stays on track with iphone and a wrist watch thats 30 seconds fast)

and how can i remove a password on my pramiary account becuause i am the only one that uses my laptop. and i tried logging in with the built in web cam cant figure out how to do that?

thanks

Satellite L775D-S7108 windows 7 64bit sp1 17.3inch screen
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite L775D-S7108 update

Satellite L775D-S7108

how can i remove a password on my pramiary account becuause i am the only one that uses my laptop.

You want to bypass the Welcome Screen? Do it this way.

Put this into the Run (WindowsKey +R) box.

control userpasswords2

Clear the checkbox for "Users must enter a...."

And so forth..

You can also remove the password requirement from a logoff/logon and returning from sleep.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
ronnie18

[ Edited ]

thanks for the help.. i forget but on xp or vista you could just leave the password area blank and hit enter will that work for windows 7? 

instead of typing it in run box can i go to start>control panel>user accounts and do it that way

also how can i set up the the web cam to be used for logging in (i thought that would be cool to do) cant seem to figure it out?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

i forget but on xp or vista you could just leave the password area blank and hit enter will that work for windows 7?

Yes, you can use a blank password. But some things do not work well. (I've forgotten now what they are.)

instead of typing it in run box can i go to start>control panel>user accounts and do it that way

Nope. When you put the following into the Run box, you get a different User Accounts box. Check it out and you'll see.

control userpasswords2

how can i set up the the web cam to be used for logging in

Sorry, I can't help with that. (I don't have a Toshiba machine here.)

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
ronnie18

thanks i will have to try this 

using a school macbook (its hard to go back and forth)